What's new

Very 1st DE razor wet shave of my life today!

Used my new Edwin Jagger DE89 "Barley Chrome" with an Astra Superior Platinum blade after face lathering with D.R. Harris Marlborough shave soap (hard puck in wooden bowl) using my Simpson 56 Best Badger brush. What an experience!... just felt natural, personal, comfortable, sentual, and oh so sentimental! Now THAT'S the way to spend the early hours of a brisk autumnal Tuesday morning while the rest of the family is still sleeping!

Last edited:

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
Used my new Edwin Jagger DE89 "Barley Chrome"

That's a beautiful razor. I may get one someday, really like the looks of it. Used to have a Merkur 42C which has a somewhat similar handle. The chrome on the EJ's is a step above though. Great first shave and gear.

Used my new Edwin Jagger DE89 "Barley Chrome" with an Astra Superior Platinum blade after face lathering with D.R. Harris Marlborough shave soap (hard puck in wooden bowl) using my Simpson 56 Best Badger brush. What an experience!... just felt natural, persnoal, comfortable, sentual, and oh so sentimental! Now THAT'S the way to spend the early hours of a brisk autumnal Tuesday morning while the rest of the family is still sleeping!
Congrats, that's the right spirit!

congrats! With the onset of the cooler weather, I'm using my scuttle again, which ads to the comfort of traditional shaving.

Top Bottom