What's new

VERTICE GLOBAL razor blade factory

Supermax's packaging confuses the hell out of me. There's "Super Platinum" then "Dollar Platinum" and then "Platinum PLUS." I'm not sure which of these is supposed to be the most premium blade.

Oh and then there's "Blue Diamond Platinum" and "Blue Diamond Titanium". Again not sure if these are supposed to be superior to the regular Supermax line.

And now they have a completely new line called "Diamond Edge" which is apparently another Platinum coated blade. Not sure if it's just new branding for the Blue Diamond or if it's a "higher tier" to Blue Diamond.

Confusing man.
Blue Diamond platinum blades were the best S-M blades I ever used , but are now discontinued

I've just this morning tried their half blades in my shavette (you can see the packaging in the pic below),, they came with it so I thought they were worth a go at least once. Since this was my first time with a shavette it's hard to comment on the quality of the blades, they seemed sharp enough, they cut the hairs, though the shave didn't feel as "dangerous" as most of the descriptions of shavette shaving I've read, I never felt like I was in danger of cutting myself. Also massive razor burn on my neck haha but it's difficult to say at the moment whether that's due to my technique or the blade (or a combination).

full

I've just this morning tried their half blades in my shavette (you can see the packaging in the pic below),, they came with it so I thought they were worth a go at least once. Since this was my first time with a shavette it's hard to comment on the quality of the blades, they seemed sharp enough, they cut the hairs, though the shave didn't feel as "dangerous" as most of the descriptions of shavette shaving I've read, I never felt like I was in danger of cutting myself. Also massive razor burn on my neck haha but it's difficult to say at the moment whether that's due to my technique or the blade (or a combination).

full
Great review. And the blade packaging looks professional, something I'd expect from a quality blade.

PS. Nice looking shavette. The only shavette I've tried is a Weck and I used the guard.

PPS. Pinaud Clubman!!

Great review. And the blade packaging looks professional, something I'd expect from a quality blade.

PS. Nice looking shavette. The only shavette I've tried is a Weck and I used the guard.

PPS. Pinaud Clubman!!
Thanks very much. Yeah I was originally looking at Wecks but it was a tad too expensive for me to get one in decent condition (plus postage to France) for something I was just trying out, I was quite pleased with the quality of the shavette, 14euros for that and a hundred useable blades wasn't too bad (it's a Parker 31r Stainless). I have a little experience with SRs and after a lot of the horror stories I've read of how sharp and aggressive shavettes are, I was quite surprised to find it much closer to an SR shaving experience than I thought it would be.

I haven't had another go on it yet as I've just received my first DE razors and I've been playing with them (I've been using a Star 1912 SE with feathers for five or so years and it's quite a difference) but I will get back to it.

And the Clubman is a recent purchase too, I've been loving it, especially the Musk, the Vanilla is really really nice but very fleeting, the Musk seems to last much longer.

I seem to remember that the Blue Diamond Platinums tore my face up. Probably still have a bunch packed away.

I think it’s sort of weird how these are personal.

I get food, I get clothes, I even get razors as a personal choice item but it’s a simple piece of metal that works for some and not others. Sensitive skin, non sensitive skin, I guess I get it but still find it strange.

I won 5 of the Blue Diamonds in a PIF and tried them out recently; top 3 blade for me in pretty much every razor I own.

I’m gonna finish this tuck and then see if I can find some more on eBay.

I think it’s sort of weird how these are personal.

I get food, I get clothes, I even get razors as a personal choice item but it’s a simple piece of metal that works for some and not others. Sensitive skin, non sensitive skin, I guess I get it but still find it strange.

I won 5 of the Blue Diamonds in a PIF and tried them out recently; top 3 blade for me in pretty much every razor I own.

I’m gonna finish this tuck and then see if I can find some more on eBay.

If you think about the amount of variables involved in absolutely everyone having their own individual hair type, skin type, style of shaving, then add in the hardware that they are using it surprises me that there is an actual consensus on a lot of these blades personally :D

Are these blades similar to supermax blades?
Because i hate supermax blades and these seem good blades judging from the reviews..

I just used a Euromax blade in my Blackbird, and I kind of liked it. Not as smooth as my Russian Gillettes, but I got a great shave. It's a nice way to add spice to my life if I'm in a blade rut.
proxy.php

This thread come up when I was looking for information on Vertice Global. By way of an update, the Vertice Global plant now also manufacture the Winner Stainless blades for Gillette.

Top Bottom