What's new

Venture contest

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
Couldn't happen to better people! Thanks Captain!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I selected the Venture Shave Balm as my prize. I was one of the original testers of the new mystery AS done by Captain a while back which eventually became the Venture. I really liked the scent, but did not like the alcohol content of the AS. Since it was my choice (and since I already had a ton of soaps), I chose the Shave Balm which arrived today. First thing I noticed was that the bottle was huge. You lose perspective when an item is shown singly on the web site, but put in perspective, this is very tall and slender.
DSC02697.JPG

The balm came just in time for tonight's shave, and I just happened to have one of my more aggressive slants up for rotation. I made sure I did almost everything I could to give myself an extremely harsh shave (mostly by applying some pressure ATG, doing a full XTG, and going over sensitive spots more than twice).

I squirted a couple of shots of the balm in my palms and rubbed it to warm it up before applying it to my face. It was very soothing, similar to Nivea, but not as thick and that familiar Venture scent came out immediately. The scent was not as strong as the AS that I tested, but then again I wasn't expecting a balm to be. As I write this, one thing I noticed and was reminded of is that there is a very subtle scent that cannot be detected by anyone but yourself that last long after the shave. In this case, I can still smell it nearly two hours later.

Many have described the scent to be a ringer for Creed Adventus, and not having used Adventus, I cannot confirm or deny that. It is a very relaxing and pleasant scent, and the balm works very well. In general, soaps, creams and AS get all the attention these days, but a good balm is a great finisher to a shave. One thing I like about this balm is that it does not contain menthol and works just on the ingredients alone. I highly recommend this.

Mine came in today. I already had the soap, so I chose the aftershave. I hadn’t slipped the soap into my rotation yet, so they will be on deck tomorrow morning. Man they smell great!

Had an outstanding shave this morning using the Venture products. From start to finish, ending with a great scent and post shave feel. This set has a permanent place in my rotation. Thank you @Captain Pre-Capsize for your generosity!

I selected the Venture Shave Balm as my prize. I was one of the original testers of the new mystery AS done by Captain a while back which eventually became the Venture. I really liked the scent, but did not like the alcohol content of the AS. Since it was my choice (and since I already had a ton of soaps), I chose the Shave Balm which arrived today. First thing I noticed was that the bottle was huge. You lose perspective when an item is shown singly on the web site, but put in perspective, this is very tall and slender.
View attachment 964528
The balm came just in time for tonight's shave, and I just happened to have one of my more aggressive slants up for rotation. I made sure I did almost everything I could to give myself an extremely harsh shave (mostly by applying some pressure ATG, doing a full XTG, and going over sensitive spots more than twice).

I squirted a couple of shots of the balm in my palms and rubbed it to warm it up before applying it to my face. It was very soothing, similar to Nivea, but not as thick and that familiar Venture scent came out immediately. The scent was not as strong as the AS that I tested, but then again I wasn't expecting a balm to be. As I write this, one thing I noticed and was reminded of is that there is a very subtle scent that cannot be detected by anyone but yourself that last long after the shave. In this case, I can still smell it nearly two hours later.

Many have described the scent to be a ringer for Creed Adventus, and not having used Adventus, I cannot confirm or deny that. It is a very relaxing and pleasant scent, and the balm works very well. In general, soaps, creams and AS get all the attention these days, but a good balm is a great finisher to a shave. One thing I like about this balm is that it does not contain menthol and works just on the ingredients alone. I highly recommend this.

Congrats on the win and thanks for the review. I received a tub of venture cream from a prior give away and love the scent. I was planning on eventually picking up the aftershave or balm, but dang I might just have to get both now.

As part of the Venture package to me, it included a bunch of samples. One of the samples was the Sandalwood AS balm and so last night I decided to try that out since the Venture balm has become a regular. The Sandalwood had the same soothing characteristics, but the scent was totally different. It was a very mild and subtle sweet sandalwood scent. Comparing the two, they were almost on opposite ends, but again, the scent was noticeable only to myself and did last a while.

I was the last to receive my prize (I chose the Venture Shave Balm) and it arrived last Friday as I was heading out the door for a new "venture" - babysitting the grandkids by myself (a potential recipe for disaster!). I opened the box before I left as I had just shaved & I thought I would give the balm an initial try. I chose a post shave balm as I have not yet included one in my ritual. I'm fairly new to the art of wet shaving; I actually learned on a Gillette adjustable many, many years ago but got sucked into the Bic shaving generation when I went to sea. Now that I have some time, I'm getting back to making shaving an experience & not a chore. I was amazed at what a difference this balm made to my shave! 2 small squirts & I rubbed it in. The first thing I noticed was that it is not greasy and it was absorbed quickly. It really made quite a difference & I wondered why I hadn't been using a balm before now. Saturday, I used it again & had the same experience. The scent is, to me, strangely familiar but I can't quite put my finger on it. It doesn't over power and will subtly linger for the user for a few hours after use. I found that it's enough for me to use this alone and I omitted any aftershave - your experience may be totally different. I have to comment o the box as well. Everything was packed for WW3, but the added samples were a real joy! I'm intrigued with the 45th Parallel soap sample I got & it will be next on my must try list. There's also something very special about getting a hand written note from the Captain himself with the package! In this day & age nothing shows a dedication to the customer quite like a personal hand written note. By the way, I asked my 6 year old granddaughter what she thought of the balm - she simple said "You smell good grandpa!" That's a pretty ringing endorsement in my book!

IMG_2016.jpg

Top Bottom