What's new

Venture by Captain's Choice - another review!

Nice! I like that he spent a little more time and commented a little more on its qualities versus the other review. He really nailed the smoothness and subtleties of the product.

Forget Irish Tweed, if the Venture soap ever hits, it’ll be a KO combo!

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
i have two uses of this cream and as. this is my first cream from the Captain. for the cream, it is very creamy soft. very unlike tobs (my only "cream"). just a touch of the brush into the jar was all i needed for 3 passes. I am not sure i have the amount of water dialed in yet but the cream face lathered up nicely maybe more thick but not so thick that it was sticking in the razor (timeless 68 oc) the cream is easy to work with and has a nice face feel; the scent is present at about a medium level I would say and has nice staying power over the shave. it doesn't feel as slick but that might be because I haven't dialed in the water amount yet. post shave feel is great. the second use I just touched the tips of the brush in and the wide brush was larger than the tub. at the end of 3 passes my brush was still loaded with cream that I squeezed out so I feel like this 4 oz container will last a long time and is a good value.

first use of the aftershave was just a tiny bit disappointing - ymmv but as with witch hazel goes on pretty watery i find if my face has residual wetness. more than that however i felt like the wonderful scent was barely there. it faded as fast as I applied - and I applied heavy palm full about 4 times.

second use was better. I made sure my face was completely dry before the application. I also realized that there is no menthol in this As. accordingly, I popped the top and added a hefty dose of menthol - maybe a good spoon full. for me this did the trick. i really enjoyed the as experience this second time around. just the right amount of burn and the sensation that i applied as. face feel and conditioning is on par with all other Captain as I have. the scent is mild on this one however. again I applied about 4 hand fulls. the scent fades fast as it dries down. this is also a great scent for summer. light crisp and got a compliment in the household as well. the mild scent prevents me from giving it a 10. but on balance maybe a 9.5

overall I am happy with both. and I think I will give it a third day in the rotation tomorrow. I would recommend as well. Plenty of samples in the box too ... very impressed with the sandalwood as sample and I will be getting that for the fall.

Top Bottom