What's new

Vender copy razors

i see all these vender razors but they all copy the EJ head. I find the EJ heads too aggressive. Are there any who use the merkur head design? I own 23c and 20c and love them both. I've tried Maggard's and wetshaveclub EJ copies and they give too much irritation. The Maggard 18c came close but not the same.
I'd love to have an all black razor. Perhaps I'll just have to buy a merkur and have it coated, but would that effect its performance?

Maggards V2 Closed Comb head is similar to the Merkur design. I actually use it as my travel head since it's so similar. Only thing is, I'm not sure if you can still purchase the V2. You can maybe shoot a message to Maggards and see if they have any left.

FWIW, the EJ clones look like EJ heads, but don't shave like them at all. The HTGAM Symmetry closed comb and Wet Shave Club razors are similar designs, but are the most uncomfortable heads I've ever used. Alignment issues, uneven exposure, thread issues, blade chatter. Same goes for the old Razorock Protege. I love all those companies and their other products... but in my experience those EJ clone heads are borderline dangerous. YMMV though, because I know lots of people love em.

I've never tried a EJ cause I heard they're more aggressive then mekur. My Maggard 18c is the v2 but it's more sgrresive then the merkur it coppies(has more bald gap it seems) also is hard to get the blade even. It's a beautiful razor though. I like to have whole razors or I'd buy a Maggard handle and use it with my merkur head. Still wouldn't solve my desire for a all black razor or all gray. I see all these cool razors but I need a white mild razor fro my skin.

Try one of the many Tech clone heads. Most obvious one is the RR DE1. Good shaver, mild and forgiving.

Top Bottom