What are you in the real world?
Student, Bachelor of Youth Work
What is your favorite shave setup?
Musgo Real preshave oil/La Toja Magno
Faena Ionian soap
Shaving.ie silvertip
Edwin Jagger DE89lbl with Polsilver SI
Fine L'Orange Noir/Musgo Real splash
What are your hobbies and favorite activities?
I love books, particularly fantasy, histories and dusty old second hand novels.
I'm an extreme metal nerd, I also listen to a lot of classical (loving Dvorak, Beethoven, Prokofiev and Rachmaninoff at the moment) and some hip hop, dirty edm and anything else that takes my fancy.
I play chess, poker and Hearthstone.
What else should the members of B&B know about you?
I have been wet shaving for a little over a year after being exposed to the concept through a fountain pen forum and Massdrop. Before that I was using a Mach 3 and hot water and hating it. I have enough pens and ink for several lifetimes and I'm trying very hard to keep my shaving gear down to useable quantities. So far so acceptable. I like odd things and odd people.

Last edited:
welcome to the hall of fame, if i may ask what are your favorite metal artists. as for classical bach's cello suite gets me every time such a masterpiece

welcome to the hall of fame, if i may ask what are your favorite metal artists. as for classical bach's cello suite gets me every time such a masterpiece

Agreed, I grew up with Bach's cello and choral pieces, they are amazing.

As for favourite metal artists, I have a lot. Off the top of my head, Watain, Dissection, Death, Amon Amarth, Tribulation, Be'lakor, Ne Obliviscaris, At the Gates, Vektor, Allegaeon... The list goes on.

What are your favourites?

Welcome to the Hall of Fame, Joshua! :thumbup1:
I'm one of those odd people. Also a metal-head as well as an avid reader of fantasy books. Any favorite series/authors?

Hello everyone! Thank you for the warm welcomes!

Amon amarth are awesome, im more classic along the lines of like thrash with anthrax being my favorite

I listen to a bit of thrash, mostly a few of the old guard. I love thrash gigs though. There are a bunch of bands in Melbourne that are always putting on killer shows.

Welcome to the Hall of Fame, Joshua! :thumbup1:
I'm one of those odd people. Also a metal-head as well as an avid reader of fantasy books. Any favorite series/authors?

Hello! I'll always love the ones I grew up with, Robert Jordan, Terry Goodkind and Robin Hobb. More recently I've enjoyed series by Scott Lynch, Peter V Brett, Brandon Sanderson, Brent Weeks and Jim Butcher. Oh and Rothfuss, who is my god. How about you?

Welcome, Joshua. Being a member of B&B will not make it easy to keep your shaving gear accoutrements at a 'reasonable' level, but good luck anyway.:001_smile

Hello everyone! Thank you for the warm welcomes!

I listen to a bit of thrash, mostly a few of the old guard. I love thrash gigs though. There are a bunch of bands in Melbourne that are always putting on killer shows.

Hello! I'll always love the ones I grew up with, Robert Jordan, Terry Goodkind and Robin Hobb. More recently I've enjoyed series by Scott Lynch, Peter V Brett, Brandon Sanderson, Brent Weeks and Jim Butcher. Oh and Rothfuss, who is my god. How about you?
Good luck with school and welcome

I'm right there with you regarding Robin Hobb and Rothfuss. I just wish Rothfuss would write faster! I binge-read all the books in The Real of The Elderlings, while eagerly awaiting the third The Fitz and The Fool book. It was awesome. I've a fair chunk of The Sword of Truth as well. I'm currently reading The Wheel of Time and recently started the fourth book. I understand I have a lot to look forward to, and Sanderson has gotten a lot of rave about how he finished the series.

I really like The Iron Druid Chronicles by Kevin Hearne, the Powder Mage books by Brian McClellan and the Sorcery Ascendant Sequence by Mitchell Hogan.

Too many books, too little time. ;)

Top Bottom