What's new

Venator's Entry to the Hall of Fame

I'm right there with you regarding Robin Hobb and Rothfuss. I just wish Rothfuss would write faster! I binge-read all the books in The Real of The Elderlings, while eagerly awaiting the third The Fitz and The Fool book. It was awesome. I've a fair chunk of The Sword of Truth as well. I'm currently reading The Wheel of Time and recently started the fourth book. I understand I have a lot to look forward to, and Sanderson has gotten a lot of rave about how he finished the series.

I really like The Iron Druid Chronicles by Kevin Hearne, the Powder Mage books by Brian McClellan and the Sorcery Ascendant Sequence by Mitchell Hogan.

Too many books, too little time. ;)

Rothfuss drives me a little crazy too. I respect his process and you can tell that every sentence is meticulously crafted, but just give me the book! I haven't actually read Hobb's two most recent series, I definitely will at some point. They just take an emotional commitment that I'm not sure I'm ready to make right now :laugh:.

The Wheel of Time slows down a little in the middle IMO, but I found the ending to be well worth it. I've heard of the Iron Druid and Powder Mage books, I will probably get to them at some point.

I hear you! My stack of books waiting to be read has gotten so silly that some of them have gone into storage. I don't have the space!

And thank you to the other kind welcomers! :a17:

Top Bottom