What's new

Veggie Tabac

Do you think the vacuum sealing is important for long term soap storing? It never really occurred to me but I suppose it couldn't hurt. I've a lot of soap and some of it doesn't really get used very often.

I just tend to screw the lid on tight then put the pucks in those plastic storage boxes and then just close the lid. Maybe it'd be worth sealing up some of the backups or ones I'm not using much.. and then putting it in the storage boxes.. or maybe that's just overkill. 😄

I now have a dedicated "soap room" where I store them all along with my razors and blades etc. I keep it cool in there and never put the heat on in that room to keep the soaps cool. 😆

IMHO, you are doing most of the right things in keeping the soap sealed in an airtight container in a cool and dark place.

Vacuum sealing is a step beyond all that. It wouldn't hurt anything if you wanted to preserve as much of the scent as possible.

I now have a dedicated "soap room" where I store them all along with my razors and blades etc. I keep it cool in there and never put the heat on in that room to keep the soaps cool. 😆

I actually got a few of the NOS Tallow Tabac sticks you mention too.. I think I've four or five backups.. every time I'd place an order I'd throw one or two "just to have". however if I'm honest I'm equally happy with the new formula Tabac. Very impressed with it since I began using it.

I hadn't used Tabac products in years until recently.. I think the last time I used Tabac was like 2016 but as soon as I sniffed the soap it brought me back. 😊
I'd love to see what your soap room looks like! Totally agree on Tabac; I'm fine with original or veggie.

I'd love to see what your soap room looks like! Totally agree on Tabac; I'm fine with original or veggie.

I don't know if you would or not! It's a bit of a mess at the minute. Let's just say a work in progress. 😆

Soap room sounds more glamorous than reality.. just a spare bedroom/storage room full of cardboard boxes and plastic storage bins. 🤭 I have a lot of fragrances in there from my fragrance collecting days too and they've taken up a lot of space as well.

Let's just say it's definitely not like the fancy museum like razor and soap rooms you see people post on here, all perfect with gleaming cabinets and lights and stuff. 😍 I will get it all arranged nicely eventually though.. as I say, a work in progress! 😋

Yes, indeed. My hopes weren't high for new Tabac.. you know how often when companies change anything it's often a step down from the original. But their new one is great as far as I'm concerned.

Top Bottom