What's new

Vegan face and body soap bar suggestions?

Maybe have a look at Pre de Provence soaps. If you want a real plain soap, there are several Marseilles soaps that use just a small number of traditional ingredients.

Soaps use sodium hydroxide or potassium hydroxide as a necessary ingredient in the process. These are consumed in a chemical reaction so they are not present in the finished soap.

Last edited:
Shannon Soaps has some real nice hand made bath soap. I believe their bath soap is vegan but their shave soap does have tallow. Also it is very hard to beat their price for artisanal soap.

Maybe have a look at Pre de Provence soaps. If you want a real plain soap, there are several Marseilles soaps that use just a small number of traditional ingredients.

Soaps use sodium hydroxide or potassium hydroxide as a necessary ingredient in the process. These are consumed in a chemical reaction so they are not present in the finished soap.
Thanks. Pre de Provence has a lot of bar soap! Marseilles was interesting. Pretty rudimentary (esp. after looking at Pre de P) but that could be good. Will check them out further. Thanks for the explanation about sodium hydroxide.

Thanks. Pre de Provence has a lot of bar soap! Marseilles was interesting. Pretty rudimentary (esp. after looking at Pre de P) but that could be good. Will check them out further. Thanks for the explanation about sodium hydroxide.
In France, Savon de Marseilles is a legally defined type of soap. It has to be made in the region of Marseilles in the traditional way, with only a few ingredients. The recipe goes back hundreds of years. It doesn't have fragrances or dyes or synthetic ingredients.

I use Aleppo soap as a vegan option. It works as body soap and shampoo. It consists of olive and laurel oil plus lye. It’s great soap and lasts a very long time due to the curing process. It has a scent, but not much. I love this soap.

Top Bottom