What's new

Vegan Bay Rum

Graydog

Biblical Innards
I really like Soap Commander Purpose
I have a little bit of it left and really enjoyed it
I contacted Carrie from SC and she said that she has no plans to bring it back.
So I need to find a replacement.
Anybody know what I can find out there in the vast soap universe that will come close in scent and performance ?

If you aren't opposed to PAA, their classic bay rum is quite good. Many like their Atomic Age bay rum, but I prefer the classic. I'd be happy to send samples of these 2 if you want to give them a try.
Captains choice Bay Rum might be one to look into - I'm not 100% sure it's vegan, but it's non-tallow...
Good luck!

Graydog

Biblical Innards
If you aren't opposed to PAA, their classic bay rum is quite good. Many like their Atomic Age bay rum, but I prefer the classic. I'd be happy to send samples of these 2 if you want to give them a try.
Captains choice Bay Rum might be one to look into - I'm not 100% sure it's vegan, but it's non-tallow...
Good luck!

Thanks for the offer :)
I made a purchase of the PAA Atomic Age in the new CK6 formula . I kinda like it , nice post shave face feel .
I do have the CC .
I really like the Soap Commander Bay rum
it's called Purpose . It was discontinued a couple of years ago and I reached out to SC and they have no plans to bring it back at this time. That's what started my quest.
Is the PAA classic in a different family from the Atomic Age ?

You're looking for an exact or almost exact match? I have never smelled SC Purpose, but when I was looking into SC Vision, I was told Black Ship had a near match for that scent. I wonder if they use the same EOs? Perhaps someone can opine if their Bay Rum is the same / similar?

Only thing I can think of... Other than I am a big fan of Ogalala Bay Rum scents. They are probably not similar though.

I believe Ogallala is vegan and it is a well-liked scent. Just read the label carefully as they have lots of Bay Rum and something else scents, but they do make a plain Bay Rum as well. This one is the plain Bay Rum even though they mention the Bay Rum and Sandalwood in the description: Ogallala Bay Rum Shaving Soap

Thanks for the offer :)
I made a purchase of the PAA Atomic Age in the new CK6 formula . I kinda like it , nice post shave face feel .
I do have the CC .
I really like the Soap Commander Bay rum
it's called Purpose . It was discontinued a couple of years ago and I reached out to SC and they have no plans to bring it back at this time. That's what started my quest.
Is the PAA classic in a different family from the Atomic Age ?

I'm trying to remember the SC Purpose scent - I had the balm... If I recall correctly, it was a bit on the sweeter side?
PAA Classic scent is more similar to the Captain's Choice Bay Rum (if the soap is anything like the CC AS). Atomic Age has something else going on besides Bay Rum - a floral component maybe?
Beehive Bay Rum is a sweeter one and on the lighter scent strength side. Excellent lather.

Top Bottom