What's new

Vegan and not tested on animals

I'm new to wet shaving and looking for soap or cream that's suitable for sensitive skin and vegan and not tested on animals.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

There are dozens of soaps fitting that criteria. You have to be more specific.

I suggest Martin de Candre or Los Angeles Shaving Soap Company or Le Pere Lucien.

Hello and welcome.
I believe The Body Shop Maca Root shaving cream fits the bill.
Also, I believe that PAA makes vegan soap, but I am unsure about the non-tested on animal part (I just don't know, but I assume they're animal friendly ) and skin-friendly part. I think they (PAA) offer an unscented soap that is skin friendly.
Good luck and let us know how it works out for you.

La Toja, Haslinger’s, and MdC are excellent ‘vegan’ soaps. Not sure if they do animal testing.

I'm new to wet shaving and looking for soap or cream that's suitable for sensitive skin and vegan and not tested on animals.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
Wet Shaving Productics Rustic Shaving Soap is vegan, and they do have it in unscented. It's good soap.

Clayton

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Saponificio Varesino

They say about their soap:

• 100% vegetable (except fragrance)
• NO palm oil (forest protection)
• NO preservatives / chelators / antioxidants of chemical origin
• NO petroleum, mineral oils, dyes, parabens
• NO EDTA – SLS – BHT – SLES – PEG

Soap 100% vegetable, NO PALM OIL. For the saponification we use only FOOD GRADE vegetable oils , of which 50% oil COCONUT. A soap of the highest quality, with moisturizing and foaming properties. This is our contribution to the protection of forests, whose main cause of deforestation, is the consumption of palm oil

Proraso is cheap and the White one is for sensitive skin. Now I do not know if they test it on animals.
Proraso products do not contain any ingredients of animal origin. ... Furthermore, in compliance with European Cosmetic Regulation 1223/2009 no product is tested on animals.

Many many small artisans here make vegan soap bases, and couldn’t afford animal testing other than shaving their own family poodle.

Caties bubbles is a top performer for skin protection in use with a straight, and very non irritating despite scents I’d label “strong enough”. Samples come in nice little 2oz containers you can actually load a brush in, so it’s easy to test a few scents.

Gunslinger is another I haven’t tested enough, but the “gentleman” scent smells great to my nose. The owner Sean shipped it with a hand written note and a sample bar of vegan activated charcoal bath soap, too which really won me over. I don’t know him, but if I had to guess I’d say he’s one of the artisans who personally suffers irritation from a lot of other soaps and made himself a “cleaner” formula. No preservatives, no chelating agents, no nothing.

Last edited:
Many many small artisans here make vegan soap bases, and couldn’t afford animal testing other than shaving their own family poodle.

Caties bubbles is a top performer for skin protection in use with a straight, and very non irritating despite scents I’d label “strong enough”. Samples come in nice little 2oz containers you can actually load a brush in, so it’s easy to test a few scents.

Gunslinger is another I haven’t tested enough, but the “gentleman” scent smells great to my nose. The owner Sean shipped it with a hand written note and a sample bar of vegan activated charcoal bath soap, too which really won me over. I don’t know him, but if I had to guess I’d say he’s one of the artisans who personally suffers irritation from a lot of other soaps and made himself a “cleaner” formula. No preservatives, no chelating agents, no nothing.
You are correct that most artisans wouldn't be able to afford testing on animals, but I think that it goes deeper than that. If someone is looking for a product that isn't tested on animals, they probably want to make sure that all the ingredients used by the artisan are cruelty-free. That's why declarations of "we don't test on animals" sometimes seems a bit suspect.

@Deanny644, this is a nice one that fits your requirement, from Alba Botanica.

6639139B-642C-4622-8304-3284EBF626E6.jpeg

Top Bottom