What's new

Veg has arrived

My wife stopped home on her lunch hour and found the package with Lilac Vegetal. Her initial response seemed mixed. :laugh: Not all bad, but not good either.

Her thoughts:

"It smells specifically like my grandparent's blue bathroom. Just like old timey bathroom cleaner, old man smell, and mustiness. It's just a weird smell for a man to put on his face. Hopefully the bay rum comes from UPS today."

I'm assuming that is just from whiffing the bottle. I told her it will probably smell different once the air gets to it and it dries.

Will report my findings later tonight.

Til next time, gents.

Looking forward to your thoughts after you try it.
I picked my first bottle locally over the weekend. My initial impressions were not kind, I decanted it into a glass bottle and it really has mellowed out some over the last few days but I'm not sold on the scent yet.

It will be different after applied, can't wait to hear how it goes!

I got home from work and checked it out. From the bottle, I was getting some vegetation smells (cut grass or leaves?) and a Lysol/cleaner kind of scent. Not as strong on the lilac as I thought it would be. For some reason, it really gave me 'old man' vibes like my wife had mentioned. I thought this was strange, because I don't get that from Clubman, AV or any other classic aftershaves. Maybe it was popular among older people in my area growing up? It also reminded me of my wife's late maternal grandfather's bathroom, so I suspect he was a Veg user (he was always clean shaven).

I put some on my hands, and I think the air really brought out the lilac scent. It also had kind of a funky vibe I couldn't describe or put into words. I think this is where people make the 'cat pee' references. :lol: It's definitely not a cat pee smell (I have 2 cats).

Shaved and put some on. This aftershave did seem to burn a little more than I am accustomed to (I only did a 1 pass WTG shave with touch ups on ~36 hr growth so I wasn't really expecting it). Once dry, the lilac smell kind of took over, and everything else faded into the background. I really like it. Very pleasant. My wife got home a few minutes later, and she did think it had a nice smell too it once applied, so that definitely gives it better marks than clubman original or AV blue as far as she's concerned. She favors bay rum (I have a bottle of Captains Choice that came today too).

It's definitely going into the rotation, however Clubman original is still my personal favorite.

DONT BE TIMID with it , splash it on with reckless abandon, only then will you know if you have been chosen...... or have to go out and buy new clothes, new bathroom fixtures, and possibly new towels.. It is Great Stuff:Veg:

I got home from work and checked it out. From the bottle, I was getting some vegetation smells (cut grass or leaves?) and a Lysol/cleaner kind of scent. Not as strong on the lilac as I thought it would be. For some reason, it really gave me 'old man' vibes like my wife had mentioned. I thought this was strange, because I don't get that from Clubman, AV or any other classic aftershaves. Maybe it was popular among older people in my area growing up? It also reminded me of my wife's late maternal grandfather's bathroom, so I suspect he was a Veg user (he was always clean shaven).

I put some on my hands, and I think the air really brought out the lilac scent. It also had kind of a funky vibe I couldn't describe or put into words. I think this is where people make the 'cat pee' references. :lol: It's definitely not a cat pee smell (I have 2 cats).

Shaved and put some on. This aftershave did seem to burn a little more than I am accustomed to (I only did a 1 pass WTG shave with touch ups on ~36 hr growth so I wasn't really expecting it). Once dry, the lilac smell kind of took over, and everything else faded into the background. I really like it. Very pleasant. My wife got home a few minutes later, and she did think it had a nice smell too it once applied, so that definitely gives it better marks than clubman original or AV blue as far as she's concerned. She favors bay rum (I have a bottle of Captains Choice that came today too).

It's definitely going into the rotation, however Clubman original is still my personal favorite.
Sounds like your chosen! Not an everyday thing for me either, but I do love it. For the record, I am a huge Captains Choice fan as well, I formed CaptainsClub, I have everything carries, anxious to hear how you like the bay rum!

Sounds like your chosen! Not an everyday thing for me either, but I do love it. For the record, I am a huge Captains Choice fan as well, I formed CaptainsClub, I have everything carries, anxious to hear how you like the bay rum!
Pretty sure my wife has 'special plans' for us tomorrow. She told me to use the Capain's Bay Rum. :wink2:

I really wanted to get the lime as well, but I better work through some current inventory first.

Whenever I get in the car with my wife while wearing the veg she says mmmm lilacs. She really likes it a lot, but she didn't like it in the bottle. I told her I threw it away..... She has no idea they are one in the same!

Im glad you are enjoying it. Congrats on being chosen!

Brian

Pretty sure my wife has 'special plans' for us tomorrow. She told me to use the Capain's Bay Rum. :wink2:

I really wanted to get the lime as well, but I better work through some current inventory first.
Awesome bro! CC stuff is class for sure, you will love the lime!

I've been using The Veg maybe twice a week for a month now.

The Verdict: I'm baffled.

I cannot form an opinion on it one way or another.

It has been lingering on my hands!

I keep doing this: :c4:

It makes me feel like I'm outside surrounded by flowers in bloom. Maybe I am sold on it after all.

I still think it's curious that the bottle says it's masculine. I don't really get that impression.

It has been lingering on my hands!

I keep doing this: :c4:

It makes me feel like I'm outside surrounded by flowers in bloom. Maybe I am sold on it after all.

I still think it's curious that the bottle says it's masculine. I don't really get that impression.

For me the dry down is a 'peaty' and earthy masculine scent. Luv the Veg.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Listen, the veg has a lot of ancient history. The Celtics would use it in their ceremonies at Stone Hinge. While you splash it on please take a moment and chant or something....out of respect.

...don't get me started on the Templar's or the Free Mason's.

Listen, the veg has a lot of ancient history. The Celtics would use it in their ceremonies at Stone Hinge. While you splash it on please take a moment and chant or something....out of respect.

...don't get me started on the Templar's or the Free Mason's.
Pretty good.

Top Bottom