What's new

Vector Ti Release Date?

My Vector arrived this afternoon.​
winner.gif

Mine arrived today! Only had 36 hours of growth, but gave it a go tonight with SV soap and WW badger brush. Beautiful modern styling as usual from Blackland. Really sleek and nice handle length. Shaved great under my nose and I would say medium aggressive. Really impressed! Wish I had the same experience with my Blackbird because I loved the feel and styling of that Blackland model too. Nice work Shane!

Attachments

• Blackland Vector.jpg
    Blackland Vector.jpg
    161.7 KB · Views: 41
Mine arrived today! Only had 36 hours of growth, but gave it a go tonight with SV soap and WW badger brush. Beautiful modern styling as usual from Blackland. Really sleek and nice handle length. Shaved great under my nose and I would say medium aggressive. Really impressed! Wish I had the same experience with my Blackbird because I loved the feel and styling of that Blackland model too. Nice work Shane!
Congratulations 🎉
You’re the first one to review the Vector Ti on B&B!

88EA1AAB-CCC9-48F8-BB0F-F4BC1C484E3F.gif

What was the issue with the Blackbird?

I just used my Vector Ti for the first time. I used a Kai Captain blade on its sixth outing. I’m 100% in on AC blades for my coarse beard, and the Vector is so well considered. Love the design and thoughtful production.

Anyway, the shave it reminds me the most of is…the old Bic Metal. But super luxe, and obviously with AC blades which are so great.

For me this is a huge win as I love a light weight single edge blade experience. But it’s totally different at this weight class from heavier shavers, even the SS General on a Ti handle that I’ve been using.

Bottom line for me is I love it. If you prefer a heavier shaver where the weight of the razor does the work, YMMV.

I’m curious for people who have steel Vectors, how does the Ti compare?

The SS Vector was a game changer for me; it’s the only razor I’ve used for several months now and it caused me to sell off every DE razor I owned. This morning I had my first shave with the Ti Vector, and I can confidently say after just one use, this is another game changer for me. The Ti Vector is every bit as efficient as the SS version, but much more “forgiving” when it comes to pressure due to the lighter weight. Don’t get me wrong, I was absolutely blown away by the SS Vector’s ability to deliver an incredibly close shave without sacrificing comfort (hence the reason it replaced all other razors I used previously). But even with as good as the SS Vector is, for me the Ti version takes it up even another notch. I have a feeling this will prove to be yet another ground breaking addition to the wet shaving community and AC razor platform. Absolutely outstanding execution Shane and Blackland Razors.

I just used my Vector Ti for the first time. I used a Kai Captain blade on its sixth outing. I’m 100% in on AC blades for my coarse beard, and the Vector is so well considered. Love the design and thoughtful production.

Anyway, the shave it reminds me the most of is…the old Bic Metal. But super luxe, and obviously with AC blades which are so great.

For me this is a huge win as I love a light weight single edge blade experience. But it’s totally different at this weight class from heavier shavers, even the SS General on a Ti handle that I’ve been using.

Bottom line for me is I love it. If you prefer a heavier shaver where the weight of the razor does the work, YMMV.

I’m curious for people who have steel Vectors, how does the Ti compare?

I agree with you, for a coarse beard and sensitive skin the AC platform is a no-brainer. I too prefer the Kai Captain Milds.

The General V2 is actually the only other razor I still own other than the Vectors, and I also use it paired to a ti handle. I keep it as a travel razor since it still works better for me than any DE, and I wouldn’t be as devastated if something were to happen to it. I find the General to be smoother feeling during the shave than either Vector, but it doesn’t get me as close as the Vectors do.

Other than the obvious weight difference, the Ti and SS Vectors do feel slightly different as well. It’s hard to quantify in words, but the Ti almost feels more “direct”. I don’t think feedback is the right term to use, although with the lighter materials you will also get more tactile feedback as well. It’s hard to explain, I could never really describe the difference between the Timeless Ti and SS versions either.

The feel of the Vector is unique either way, even though the weight of the SS is more in line with most titanium DEs it doesn’t feel like a titanium razor. Likewise with the Ti version, even though the weight is more in line with other aluminum razors it doesn’t feel or perform like an aluminum razor. I think this has to do with the overall distribution of the weight into the handle giving a nice overall balance/feel to it. Not too long ago I put a 90mm titanium handle on my SS vector and I don’t think that’s even a good representation of the Ti Vector. The overall design just really lends to an awesome feeling shaver.

What a wonderful shave this morning - no irritation, cuts or weepers. I couldn't be happier.

I used a Schick Proline P-30 blade for the shave. With DE blades, I tend to toss them after 3 shaves or so. Schick injector blades I toss after 7 days. Does anyone know how the P-30 blades stack up? How many shaves are they generally good for?

Last edited:
Does anyone know how the P-30 blades stack up? How many shaves are they generally good for?
Only one way to find out :devil:

I don't like any of the Artist Club blades after 3 shaves, but I have gone 6 or 7 just to find out. I still have the same vintage injector blade that I put in last month, probably at 7 and time to change. Thanks for reminding me!

Less comical answer:
The injectors are generally mild shavers and just stop cutting when the blade wears out.
The Vector has some blade exposure and so do all the Artist Club razors that I know of. When the coating wears off completely and exposes the full sharpness of the blade, it quickly goes downhill for me. I am sure they will last 7-10 shaves if your face can handle it!

What a wonderful shave this morning - no irritation, cuts or weepers. I couldn't be happier.

I used a Schick Proline P-30 blade for the shave. With DE blades, I tend to toss them after 3 shaves or so. Schick injector blades I toss after 7 days. Does anyone know how the P-30 blades stack up? How many shaves are they generally good for?

I could never get more than 5 shaves with the Schick Proline without causing irritation. With the Kai Captain Mild Pinks, I have extended their use to twelve shaves without noticeable change in performance. I’ve not tested my luck beyond that number.

Its been almost 3yrs now since I had a SS General V1 that I used Proline's in exclusively and from everything I've been reading in the last year it would seem the Proline has been changed in some way as I used to get on average of 20 shaves out of a single blade compared to 4-5 shaves from any of my DE blades.... Maybe when production was stepped up, quality slipped because of it?

eta... I tested Kai's and also Feather's in both my Aluminum General and the V1 SS and only got on average of 12-14 shaves with those...

I received mine today, all the way to Poland. I had a very nice first shave with a Kai Pink blade. No drama at all getting an easy and very close shave with this razor, and of course it is a beautiful object.

I haven‘t used the steel Vector or indeed any other AC-blade razor, so I can’t offer a review, but I can say the results match my favourite DE razors and it was interesting and different to shave with, which I enjoyed. I felt like the razor‘s design encourages a very light touch, which can only be a good thing. Some of my favourite razors seem like they are designed to encourage you to use them in a certain way, and this was one of those. I felt the sensation of lightness was integral to the experience of using this razor, and to the way of using it. Does that make any sense?

Anyway, very good razor. I’m glad I bought it. Definitely worth the price of entry, and it deserves a photo (or two)…

AB22EC02-F14B-45C3-9FB7-CD6A9DDB5D38.jpeg

3881E88E-3EA0-4557-B7F3-1EFE054A5E30.jpeg

I had been on the lookout for the SS vector for quite a while so I jumped at the chance to order the Ti version (always wanted a Ti razor as well). After placing the pre-order I came across a BST listing for the SS open comb version and jumped on that as well.

So, I have used the SS razor about 3-4 times and it is a good razor but hasn’t displaced the Sabre (level 2) yet. Received the Ti razor yesterday and it is incredible how light it is. I shaved with the SS Mongoose for several years so every other razor feels light but the Ti razor almost floats away.

Not sure if it’s the SB or the lighter weight, but one shave in and it was a delight. Will continue to give them both plenty of use with different blades to see which one I prefer.

Will I sell one eventually? Who knows. Will is get the stainless steel SB head or the Ti OC head when available? Who knows.

For now I am content to keep testing them both out.

My initial impressions...

The Vector Ti is certainly the most unique razor I have ever used. It is so light (but substantial enough for me) and so nimble (especially with my Timeless Ti Crown handle...Is that cheating?lol) that it's almost as if it's hardly there at all. It's the closest thing that I've experienced to a pure blade feel...but not in the threatening way that the Blackbird felt. Perhaps the difference is the blades themselves - AC vs DE. So far, I've tried 6 blades, but the one I find most comfortable yet efficient is the Schick Proline. But, whatever blade, the Vector Ti allows the shaver complete control. You're the boss. Because it is virtually weightless, the shaver must decide exactly how much pressure to use. Initially (because I feared the Vector), I used too little pressure...so little in fact that the blade started skipping/bouncing without cutting much...and this was with great prep plus a new Proline blade. So, I immediately increased the pressure from, say, 1% to 10%, and it was night and day!

A couple of niggles...I got the machined finish because I love my Timeless in that finish. But, the Vector Ti machine finish is not as "finished" as the Timeless machine finish. (I think the Timeless is bead-blasted or something.) On the Vector Ti, I see machine lines all over the cap. I just ordered a polished Vector Ti and emailed Shane requesting a return for the machined one. (He hasn't gotten back to me yet. I'm sure he's swamped!) I actually don't think this is a flaw. I think it's normal. But, I just got spoiled by the Timeless.

Also, the Vector is a pain to load. First of all, it's counterintuitive. What seems like the front is actually the back. No wonder all the "pros" on YouTube are screwing it up. At first, I thought Kensurfs, et al. were just idiots (or careless). They're not.

Second, because the head is so small and compact, it is difficult to remove the blade. This is especially difficult mid-shave. I've been trying different AC blades, but this is extremely difficult. Luckily, I think I've settled on "my blade" (Schick Proline), so this shouldn't be a big issue going forward.

Finally, the rectangular post feels rough and weird. Twice I had to stop and re-thread the handle so as not to force the issue and do damage.

But, despite these minor issues, I think Shane has done something no other razor manufacturer has even come close to doing. He has made the razor an extension of your hand. It feels as if I have a blade on the tip of my finger and I'm in complete control. That alone is worth the price of admission.

My initial impressions...

The Vector Ti is certainly the most unique razor I have ever used. It is so light (but substantial enough for me) and so nimble (especially with my Timeless Ti Crown handle...Is that cheating?lol) that it's almost as if it's hardly there at all. It's the closest thing that I've experienced to a pure blade feel...but not in the threatening way that the Blackbird felt. Perhaps the difference is the blades themselves - AC vs DE. So far, I've tried 6 blades, but the one I find most comfortable yet efficient is the Schick Proline. But, whatever blade, the Vector Ti allows the shaver complete control. You're the boss. Because it is virtually weightless, the shaver must decide exactly how much pressure to use. Initially (because I feared the Vector), I used too little pressure...so little in fact that the blade started skipping/bouncing without cutting much...and this was with great prep plus a new Proline blade. So, I immediately increased the pressure from, say, 1% to 10%, and it was night and day!

A couple of niggles...I got the machined finish because I love my Timeless in that finish. But, the Vector Ti machine finish is not as "finished" as the Timeless machine finish. (I think the Timeless is bead-blasted or something.) On the Vector Ti, I see machine lines all over the cap. I just ordered a polished Vector Ti and emailed Shane requesting a return for the machined one. (He hasn't gotten back to me yet. I'm sure he's swamped!) I actually don't think this is a flaw. I think it's normal. But, I just got spoiled by the Timeless.

Also, the Vector is a pain to load. First of all, it's counterintuitive. What seems like the front is actually the back. No wonder all the "pros" on YouTube are screwing it up. At first, I thought Kensurfs, et al. were just idiots (or careless). They're not.

Second, because the head is so small and compact, it is difficult to remove the blade. This is especially difficult mid-shave. I've been trying different AC blades, but this is extremely difficult. Luckily, I think I've settled on "my blade" (Schick Proline), so this shouldn't be a big issue going forward.

Finally, the rectangular post feels rough and weird. Twice I had to stop and re-thread the handle so as not to force the issue and do damage.

But, despite these minor issues, I think Shane has done something no other razor manufacturer has even come close to doing. He has made the razor an extension of your hand. It feels as if I have a blade on the tip of my finger and I'm in complete control. That alone is worth the price of admission.

Great write up Ken. How do you compare the shave quality to the General? I have the General and I'm thinking about getting a SS Vector (Ti will be too light for me). I find the General very smooth and efficient, but I do have to do some buffing at the end to get BBS (like most of my razors). Can you compare the two based on shave comfort and performance? Thanks.

Top Bottom