What's new

Vector razor for long time asylym razor user?

Hi All,
Many years ago I switched from cartridges/canned foam to traditional shaving.
Started with Merkur Futur which I used with Feather blades, then got a Cobra as soon as it appeared and since then I've been SE user, tried pretty much everything, Mongoose, ATT, Colonial, but finally set on Asylum, finding it the best in the pack. Recently saw Vector razor which I want to try, one of the advantages I guess is a narrow head.
May be somebody who have both razors, Asylum and Vector, can compare and describe the experience of transition and differences between them?
Thanks a lot

I've got or used the original Mongoose, ATT SE2, General, MRSE, Asylum and Vector (and maybe a couple of other Feather SE blade razors). The Asylum is amazing but, as a fella who loves aggressive razors, I find I can't really enjoy it without a guarded blade. Otherwise, it's a bit too much on my face. The Vector, on the other hand, though efficient, is very forgiving about blade choice.

It's weird to talk about blades, as I'm pretty agnostic about DE blades. They all seem to work (except Merkur, Rockwell and Voskhod) in all DE razors on my face.

Last edited:
Thanks for your response, I like aggressive razors too and I use Asylum with regular Feather. Pro. I used Super Pro in other razors, I recall it fits Colonial, but it's too much for using every day. Does Vector accept Pro Super? Do you feel you need to shave differently with Vector because of much narrower head? Is it of any advantage for areas other then upper lip/under the nose?

I can't use Asylum with Feather Pro Super ( some people claim it fits with effort, but I tried to put it in mine and it doesn't fit at all, according to description Pro Super shouldn'tbe used in Asylum)

Top Bottom