What's new

Vector or Sabre for 1st SE

A thread you might wish to read.
I read them all prior to settling on my Sabre. It was a good choice.
I've never used a Vector (yet). That may be in a year or so though once my funds are a bit more 'solvent'.
There are a ton of wonderful single edge razors on the market and I (for one) would like to try them all.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
A thread you might wish to read.
I read them all prior to settling on my Sabre. It was a good choice.
I've never used a Vector (yet). That may be in a year or so though once my funds are a bit more 'solvent'.
There are a ton of wonderful single edge razors on the market and I (for one) would like to try them all.

I'm pleased the SE Comparison was helpful. :)

Yup, for my face the SE razors just work better. Less drama, irritation, easier to get great results.
I enjoyed my DE razor time, it lasted for more than a decade. However, once I went SE, I knew I wouldn’t go back. I’ve used my best DE razors since converting to SE and they just don’t offer the same comfort and results.
I am shaving with my Karve CB brass razor, which has been my preferred razor until trying a friend's Vector in December. I am noticing what feels like a lot more stubble at night. I will continue for the next few days and see, but like you implied, why settle when I have the tools that do it better? I foresee some soul searching decisions will need to be made!

Reactions: GNR
I am shaving with my Karve CB brass razor, which has been my preferred razor until trying a friend's Vector in December. I am noticing what feels like a lot more stubble at night. I will continue for the next few days and see, but like you implied, why settle when I have the tools that do it better? I foresee some soul searching decisions will need to be made!
Definitely give your DE razors a fair shot. Some folks like both and transition between DE and SE at will. For me, the soul searching was real, because I love the feel and results of the SE razors significantly more. Every time I use a DE now I feel like I lost out on my preferred shave, something is missing. Well, I can ensure that doesn’t happen anymore by only using my SE razors.

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
Owl be looking forward to the shave report from @nicked78 And for when his avatar changes and my pun loses its shine in the archives…. But much more importantly, how was the first Vector voyage?

For me, the soul searching was real, because I love the feel and results of the SE razors significantly more. Every time I use a DE now I feel like I lost out on my preferred shave, something is missing. Well, I can ensure that doesn’t happen anymore by only using my SE razors.
For the last 2 shaves, I used different SE razors. Yesterday's was a Schick adjustable set to 4. Super long lasting! This morning I used my Karve with the B solid bar plate. I ended up exactly as you put it, feeling like I missed out on my preferred shave. I almost switched razors mid shave!

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
Another Blackland fanboy checkin' in...

Probably the straight of it is that you can't go wrong with either one. I can't say that of my own experience, as I don't own a Vector.

However, I do own a Sabre with both L1 and L2 plates. Love that thing.

One of the categories into which I sort some razors is one I call "The Best of the Moderns." The Sabre fits in there under "Best Modern Gem razor." There are a few others in there as well, notably the often-maligned ATT G1 which is a fantastic razor and even more so with a little careful modification.

I didn't have much joy with AC format blades until I picked up the RazoRock Hawk V3SB. Shortly after that I started using shavettes. Now I'm thinking a Vector may be hiding in my budget somewhere. Who needs a running tractor, after all? :) If I go, like always I'll go all in and get both SB and OC plates.

But for certain-sure the Sabre is one king hellova razor.

O.H.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member

Probably the straight of it is that you can't go wrong with either one. I can't say that of my own experience, as I don't own a Vector.

One of the categories into which I sort some razors is one I call "The Best of the Moderns." The Sabre fits in there under "Best Modern Gem razor." There are a few others in there as well, notably the often-maligned ATT G1 which is a fantastic razor and even more so with a little careful modification.

I didn't have much joy with AC format blades until I picked up the RazoRock Hawk V3SB. Shortly after that I started using shavettes. Now I'm thinking a Vector may be hiding in my budget somewhere. Who needs a running tractor, after all? :) If I go, like always I'll go all in and get both SB and OC plates.

O.H.

I sure love my Sabre. :cool:

O.H.
Both plates + the stand. You deserve it and it makes sense, as there are no unknowns left.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
20210516_132946~2.jpg

I like to use the Kai guarded blades in rotation with the Schick Prolines. The Kai Protouch MG with the Vector SB plate presents a nice, mild (but still effective) shave. Feels great on my face. :)
I have to agree. The Kai ProTouch MG and Vector SB is a super comfortable and still efficient shave. I’ll be honest, so far I haven’t found a blade that doesn’t perform well in the Vector, I just find some I like better.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
I have to agree. The Kai ProTouch MG and Vector SB is a super comfortable and still efficient shave. I’ll be honest, so far I haven’t found a blade that doesn’t perform well in the Vector, I just find some I like better.

Every blade I've tried in the Vector has worked great, with both plates.

Just depends on how much blade feel and how much efficiency I want from that shave. :)

Reactions: GNR
Every blade I've tried in the Vector has worked great, with both plates.

Just depends on how much blade feel and how much efficiency I want from that shave. :)

Indeed, I just tried a Feather Pro Super in mine this morning! Lots of blade feel and a big bump in efficiency. I look forward to continuing the experimentation. I think it will be interesting to use a guarded blade in it sometime, but I would be surprised if that ever became my go-to setup.

Top Bottom