What's new

Vector or Sabre for 1st SE

I could use help figuring out which (Vector or Sabre) I should buy for my first SE.

I am happy with my 2 Timeless DEs and my Blackland Tradere SB.

I would like to add a 2nd Blackland based on the design, attention to detail, quality, and community support offered by Blackland Razors and Shane.
I’ve never used an SE. I have read about the different blades (GEM vs AC), but no idea how the proposed razors shave.
I could use your perspective and experience to help nail down a choice.
Thanks,
Tim

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
I could use help figuring out which (Vector or Sabre) I should buy for my first SE.

I am happy with my 2 Timeless DEs and my Blackland Tradere SB.

I would like to add a 2nd Blackland based on the design, attention to detail, quality, and community support offered by Blackland Razors and Shane.
I’ve never used an SE. I have read about the different blades (GEM vs AC), but no idea how the proposed razors shave.
I could use your perspective and experience to help nail down a choice.
Thanks,
Tim
They’re both absolute eye-candy, but maybe @never-stop-learning could answer with firsthand experience.

Both the Vector and the Sabre are excellent SE razors.

I have the Sabre Level 2 and the Vector with both OC & SB plates.

The standard B&B answer is to 'get both', which may not be feasible.

Efficiency is similar for the GEM blade based Sabre Level 2 and the AC blade based Vector SB. The Vector OC is a small step up in efficiency. Nice benefit to the AC blade Vector is that you can further dial in the efficiency and feel by using different blades. Nice.

The other advantage to the Vector is how nimble and maneuverable the smaller head feels and performs.

My 'Big Dog' razors include various Blackland Razors, Charcoal Goods, Rex, Timeless, Wolfman (and more) razors. I like shaving with all of them.

However, were I pressed to choose one (and only one) razor, it would very probably be the Vector with both OC & SB plates.

Just my opinion and YMMV.

Thanks for all of the help. I read every thread on both and geeked out and watched YouTube shaving videos of both.
The decision has been made and the order placed.
I bought...both, This is the B&B way!
As an everyday shaver I went with Vector SB and Sabre L1/L2 both in machined finish with stands. Blade sampler for AC blades is also on the way.
I’m excited! 🤪

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Thanks for all of the help. I read every thread on both and geeked out and watched YouTube shaving videos of both.
The decision has been made and the order placed.
I bought...both, This is the B&B way!
As an everyday shaver I went with Vector SB and Sabre L1/L2 both in machined finish with stands. Blade sampler for AC blades is also on the way.
I’m excited! 🤪

That's the B&B Spirit! :thumbup:

Believe me, you will not regret getting both.

I do, however, see a Vector OC plate in your future. ;)

It is..... inevitable. :cool:

P.S. The Schick Proline is a really nice match for the Vector SB plate. If you want a bump up in efficiency, the Feather Artist Club Professional Super will do the trick. :)

Happy Shaving! :)

That's the B&B Spirit! :thumbup:

Believe me, you will not regret getting both.

I do, however, see a Vector OC plate in your future. ;)

It is..... inevitable. :cool:

P.S. The Schick Proline is a really nice match for the Vector SB plate. If you want a bump up in efficiency, the Feather Artist Club Professional Super will do the trick. :)

Happy Shaving! :)
I figured I’d “sneak” the OC plate past my wife after I have had both for a while.
She doesn’t know which is which and thinks we are an odd bunch, but she supports my craziness.

I’ve had both. Sold the vector.

Every Sabre shave was better than every vector shave. There was something about the vector that didn’t work for me. (And I’m a blackland fanboy)

the Sabre is special.
I have read many posts where folks said one (Vector or Sabre) was special. Having no experience with SE razors, I figured I would get both to see which format I like and maybe one or both of them will be special. It will be fun and maybe challenging learning the new razors and techniques required for GEM or Artist Club style razors. What a fun adventure awaits.

I’m new to safety razors. My experience so far has been with an Supply V2, Alpha Outlaw Mild, iKon V3 Slant, and the Vector. I can definitely say the Vector paired with the Schick Proline outperforms them all. It is my daily driver.

Reactions: GNR
I have both and don't think you can go wrong with either one, so congrats on getting both!

From my perspective I would probably go with the Sabre if I could only have one, but both are great. The Vector is very maneuverable and can get under the nose very easily. However, I have certain contours on my neck, around the adams apple, that make the wide blade of the Vector a little more difficult to use than the narrower blade of the Sabre.

However, the size of the head on the Sabre makes getting under the nose a little more difficult and I go xtg there for that reason.

Both utilize a stiffer blade than de razors and I like that aspect of both very much. On my skin though, the Sabre wins the stiffness test very slightly and that's ultimately why I would choose it if I could only have one.

The Vector is about ten times better looking though.

Top Bottom