What's new

Vector or General

Vector or Colonial General V2?

• Total voters
Hello!

I have never used a single edge razor before, but I am wanting to try one. For those of you who have tried both the Vector and Colonial General V2, what are the pros and cons of each?

For those of you who considered both, what made you choose to buy one over the other?

Is one known for being more versatile with blade choices?

I realize both are great razors andprobably can’t go wrong with either one.

Thanks for your help!

I have a Black Aluminum General and the V2.

I had a Vector and while it does shave well, I had issues with it that could have just been me, I returned it. The Vector is very light weight and you need to use some light pressure to shave. I had absolutely no complaints with how it looks or it’s quality.

The Aluminum General is light weight but still gives a great shave. The V2 is an excellent razor also and is probably my overall favorite razor. I consistently get excellent shaves with the V2 or the Aluminum.

My preference is the General, but YMMV.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
The Vector SB and The General are close, edge to the Vector for being more nimble and maneuverable.

The Vector OC takes things to a higher level. Every bit as nimble and maneuverable as the Vector SB. Higher efficiency and effectiveness.

Currently, I find myself reaching for the Vector OC more than any other razor in my Den.

In my opinion, the Blackland Razors Vector OC is the one to get.

Just my opinion and YMMV. :)

This morning I used the General V2 with a Proline blade so today that is my favourite combo. Tomorrow I will use the Vector with a Super Pro which is already in place, following which I will doubtless change my mind on which is the best yet again. For me, they really are that close.
I will just say that while I love the slim head of the Vector I really don't find the rather greater width of the General to be a problem. The head of the General is still pretty slender and allows me to shave under my nose with no difficulty whatsoever.

Thank you for your advice. Do they both handle a variety of blades well? Do certain blades fit better in one over the other?

Which blades fit better in the General V2? Are there any blades that don’t fit well in the General V2? Which blades fit better in the Vector? Are there any blades that don’t fit well in the Vector?

I have been on a buying sabbatical all year, so I have not been following new products too closely, but I just realized that Blackland has released an open comb plate for the Vector - cannot wait until January to check this out!

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
I have been on a buying sabbatical all year, so I have not been following new products too closely, but I just realized that Blackland has released an open comb plate for the Vector - cannot wait until January to check this out!
I find myself using the Vector OC and the Blackbird SB more than anything else in my Den. :)

I have owned both. The Vector with the narrow head is easier to maneuver and is slightly more efficient. However, you only need to buy the head if you go with the General, and then you can add the handle of your choice. The Vector handle was not my favorite (too slim).

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
20201108_110806~2.jpg

I have the General V2 and the Paradigm titanium SE

I really want the Vector, but don’t think I need it

now that the Vector OC is out, I really want one

if it was coming out in Titanium (like the blackbird is), then I would really get one.

my post is pretty useless in regards to answering the OP, but I really want a titanium Vector OC

Top Bottom