What's new

Vector Open Comb (won't last)

Received my OC Vector baseplate yesterday so just did a shave with it tonight on 36 hour growth. First impressions are:
You can feel the teeth at a steep angle and loose all feel of teeth at a shallow angle.
I settled in at about a 35-40 degree angle (Handle to face) and it was a very smooth shave with a slight feel of the OC and blade. I did a typical 3 pass shave with it and received a wonderful BBS. I will see what the duration of the BBS is but I would agree that the OC is a slight step up in efficiency, NOT at the level of a Classic Cobra or an Asylum Rx but definitely noticeable from the SB.
For the money, Blackland gets my vote. Stylish, low profile, efficient, original designs, super smooth shaves, excellent finishes, and superb customer service. Look, I own six stainless RazoRocks, which I really really enjoy but they are no Blacklands. The Dart, the Sabre, and the Vector are just amazing. Truly heirloom pieces. Even the Bronze Timeless, as special as it is, doesn't beat out the Blacklands for me. I don't own Wolfman or Charcoal or Colonial for the record. I want to own more Blackland models, then on to Colonial and possibly Charcoal.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
20201019_190936~2.jpg

Top Bottom