What's new

VECTOR, GENERAL, OB V1

Hello all,
I have recently gotten back into the swing of wet shaving after a little hiatus. At one point I owned 3 OB V1 that I used with GEM blades and loved. They gave me literally the best shaved ever. However, one was broken by my daughter and the other two have somehow disappeared.

With that being said I’m looking for opinions on which one you all would buy of the ones mentioned above? I’ve never tried the Vector or General. I think the reason I loved the OB V1 was for the ease of use. I’ve used DE razors pretty frequently here lately and while I can get good shaves with them, I always seem to have spots that I’ll touch up using my OB V2 with a GEM. It’s literally as if some parts of my chin where I believe my acne was when I was younger are tough to get deep into to give me a BBS shave that last more than a couple hours. I also tend to think I have hair that’s grows like an African American man or Italian man so with that being said I was leaning toward a general over the Vector. I look forward to hearing thoughts and comparisons of the two. And while I’ve also read that a Schick E would be cheaper and give better shaves, I had an experience with those razors when I first started wet shaving and not sure I’m ready to dive back into them again.

I’ve used the General V1 and own a Vector. They are both good razors, but my preference is for the Vector. I do both dome and face shaving, and find the Vector to work best for me. They are both excellent razors, but the Vector is the better dome shaver for me. I use it with Schick Proline blades. As always, YMMV. I have not used the General V2.

Enjoy your shaves,

Jeff

Top Bottom