What's new

VDH: Glycerin works, Deluxe hurts

Has anyone else had a reaction to the van der Hagen Deluxe soap?

I've used their Glycerin soap regularly for almost three years, and I love it. Tried the Deluxe before and it made my face hurt, so I've avoided it.

Getting ready for the week of VDH, I read the good things some of you guys said about the deluxe soap. Since my local WalMart and Walgreens' aren't carrying the glycerin any more and I'm halfway through my puck of glycerin, I decided to give the deluxe another try.

Well, I can truly say it was a memorable shave. This removes any doubt -- I cannot use the vdh Deluxe soap. My face burned all morning and half the afternoon.

I know that I have sensitive skin, so I don't really blame the soap. The problem is combining whatever's in the soap with my skin.

For what it's worth, the lather was fine...

Is your skin normally sensitive to other soaps with fragrances/etc in them?

If so then I'm in the same boat as you and I'm lucky I went with Glycerin rather then Deluxe. Thanks for sharing this, I'm just going to stay with the Glycerin. If you can't get it in the stores any more you can still get it in a 12 pack on Amazon with free shipping if you add another 10 dollar item to your cart. It works out to around 1.25 a puck.

Is your skin normally sensitive to other soaps with fragrances/etc in them?

If so then I'm in the same boat as you and I'm lucky I went with Glycerin rather then Deluxe. Thanks for sharing this, I'm just going to stay with the Glycerin. If you can't get it in the stores any more you can still get it in a 12 pack on Amazon with free shipping if you add another 10 dollar item to your cart. It works out to around 1.25 a puck.

or just buy 24! :) amazon

Top Bottom