What's new

VDH deluxe soap pucks on closeout at Kroger

Normally sell for $2. On closeout at $1.40. I cleared out the store.

Not sure if this is just my local Kroger trying to move out old product or they are going to stop carrying it altogether. Also not sure if this is local to my store or the whole chain is dropping the VDH soap. I'll probably check another couple stores to see if the others in my area are offering the same discount.

Rite aid here was the only one to have any soaps, and I got the last one. I have yet to see a DE razor for sale anywhere besides inline. Thinking stores are carrying what makes them the most money

I bet the Kroger I shop at has had the same soap pucks since I started shopping there a couple years ago. I guess they just aren't selling. That's fine. I am going to troll the metro area stocking up.

Walmart clearanced and dropped it too. Is something bigger going on?

My thoughts exactly. Everybody dumping VdH simultaneously is freaky. It isn't like they're a grammar school class pariah being shunned.

We can have two views. First one is VdH is about to upgrade their product lines, and all these vendors are getting ready. (Yeah! I'm sure that's it!)

Second one is that P&G now owns VdH and it's being pulled from the market in favor of some trashier replacement.

We can have two views. First one is VdH is about to upgrade their product lines, and all these vendors are getting ready. (Yeah! I'm sure that's it!)

Actually, that theory is supported by the latest data point: Walmart now has the VdH Luxury shave set and soap refill. The set is ~$27, and the soap is $3.88. Someone posted it in another one of these threads yesterday and I saw it myself yesterday (and bought one puck -- as much as I'd like to support their carrying of the set by buying that instead, I haven't got that kind of money for that kind of charity this month).

Edit: http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showth...buy-shave-soaps-locally?p=5833222#post5833222

Last edited:
Top Bottom