What's new

VDH Bowl Registry

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429049842.647166.jpgI wonder how many B&B members own/have owned this bowl? Even if you don't still have the mediocre brush, or use the soap that came with it anymore, you have to admit that this green and blue bowl is pretty useful!

waiting to go home from a 12 hr day @ work.

Plotting my shave tonight.

I have a Gillette 7OClock yellow loaded in my Slim, raring to go :thumbup: Maybe I will use the Orange Chill in the VDH bowl.

The bowls are fragile though. I had another break just by falling to the floor. My Old Spice mug with VDH luxury in it has held up remarkably.

View attachment 564366I wonder how many B&B members own/have owned this bowl? Even if you don't still have the mediocre brush, or use the soap that came with it anymore, you have to admit that this green and blue bowl is pretty useful!

I still have one. I switched to head lathering, so it's really only used for soaking my brush and holding some clean water for adding to my lather as I build on the head. I'm probably going to have to go back to bowl lathering, at least for a while, so I think I'll hit up the Goodwill and look for something a little wider.

I have two. One for VDH Deluxe soap and the other for VDH Luxury soap. I melted the pucks in the bowls using a microwave. The pucks formed quite nicely to the interior bowls. If you try that, be sure to use short bursts in the microwave of 10-15 seconds. In short order the pucks will liquefy. Stir it up a bit with a plastic spoon then let it cool. I've only tried this with these two soaps. I've read on this forum that not all soaps are conducive to melting.

I have one. Bought the kit because I wanted to try bowl lathering and a boar brush on the cheap. I got a nicer bowl, so I'm using the VDH bowl to hold some blades and a styptic pencil. But I'm still using the brush as intended, though it will get used less now that I have a Semogue 1305 to break in.

I have one. Surprisingly, the cheap boar brush that came with it was actually quite good. Worked well, really soft, and never shed.

Btw, you'll see this bowl in the background if most shave den pics. ;)

Those of you who are still using your VDH brushes and haven't tried any others yet, you should. I originally thought my VDH was just fine as well. Then I picked up a couple of Omega boars for around $12 apiece and have been using them for a few months. I was just cleaning all of my brushes last week and did some test lathers. The VDH brush was woefully inadequate compared to the others. It produced very thin, very airy and water lather, no matter how much I loaded it.

I still have mine. I use it to soak my dentures overnight.

I still have the brush that came with the kit, too. I went ahead and broke it in with a few weeks of test lathering, but never really used it much for shaving. By that time, I had several other brushes that were far superior to the VdH, so there was no point in using it.

If you have a CVS store near you, look for a VdH Deluxe brush. AFAIK, this brush is a CVS exclusive. It has a white handle, and a much better boar knot than what comes in the kit. They sell for about $9. If there are several on the shelf, open each box and check the knots so you can choose the best one.

Top Bottom