What's new

Vat

I've located a couple items I'd like to order from the Gentleman's shop. My question is regarding VAT. Is this a tax that applies to sales within the UK only, slaes to parites outside the UK, or both?
Thanks,
Jeff

As far as I am aware the 17.5% VAT only applies to those of us living in the United Kingdom.
Warm regards,
Alex

Yes, that appears to be correct. Later in the checkout process the VAT was removed from my order. Thanks for the response.
Cheers,
Jeff

jmhAZ said:
I've located a couple items I'd like to order from the Gentleman's shop. My question is regarding VAT. Is this a tax that applies to sales within the UK only, slaes to parites outside the UK, or both?
Thanks,
Jeff

Just being nosey, what did you order?

AJS said:
As far as I am aware the 17.5% VAT only applies to those of us living in the United Kingdom.

Actually slightly incorrect.....VAT only deducted for destinations outside the EU.

Brian

Jonnybc said:
Just being nosey, what did you order?

Hi John, I haven't pulled the trigger yet but I'm looking at a Simson Major and a Rooney style 1 small or medium. I can't make up my mind which one I want next so naturally the best solution is to buy both (my spending is getting ridiculous). There are domestic vendors that have equal prices (Ems place and classic shaving, Lee is out of the Majors) but I'd prefer not to pay double shipping.
Decisions, decisions,
Cheers,
Jeff

While we are on the subject of the Gentleman's shop does anybody know if they offer forum members a discount?
Thanks,
Jeff

Top Bottom