What's new

Various restorations

R

romsitsa

Have some time during the Easter holidays, so a few razors, cases and sets got an overhaul ranging from spring replacement to soldering.

Almost Norfolk
7663D650-F5F0-4570-B073-80EDD0658C21.jpeg

3680716A-8FFA-4269-9ACB-D86766531A72.jpeg

Aristocrat
A0BB627D-B37C-4FD3-B8F3-8B915D554C13.jpeg

C50B92CD-A6BE-4B6E-88A9-874BB373ECA0.jpeg

Left DR
CDCC1713-9618-4B5F-A9B8-FFE8F0D2F21B.jpeg
18D184D3-B0DC-4C12-B338-0CCA2878E8E3.jpeg
E1FF619D-CA6A-477D-A39E-100379EF24E8.jpeg

And the rest.
3E912FCD-B52A-4F51-9DE7-9DCE0CAB947B.jpeg

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Just an amazing amount of skill and expertise in those photos. Really well done.

How did you repair the lining in the french ivory case over the hinge area? Is that patched with a similar coloured material?

It's amazing!

R

romsitsa

Just an amazing amount of skill and expertise in those photos. Really well done.

How did you repair the lining in the french ivory case over the hinge area? Is that patched with a similar coloured material?

It's amazing!

Hello, I pick up shot Gillette boxes with some velvet and or silk left to have spares. The hinge cover in the Aristocrat was part of the top liner of a British 460B. I also look for any kind of boxes with springs, as these have to be replaced in most cases.

R

romsitsa

Looks great! I would like the knowledge on how to restore some of my vintage gillette cases but I'm always afraid of damaging them.

In most cases it is pretty straightforward, except when everything goes wrong . The only trick in my opinion is to know wether an object is worth restoring or is too far gone. If you have any specific question, drop me a line :)

Hello, I pick up shot Gillette boxes with some velvet and or silk left to have spares. The hinge cover in the Aristocrat was part of the top liner of a British 460B. I also look for any kind of boxes with springs, as these have to be replaced in most cases.
Well, I think you have an amazing skill and talent. It's incredible to see these beat up cases come back to life, looking pretty much shiny and new again. It's really inspiring to see. Thanks for showing us and explaining how you do it. :)

What's the best way to clean the inside of the cases without damaging them? I have a few that are a bit dirty and I haven't really tried to clean them, but I would like to.
Yes, if you have time I would like to know this too please. I have often thought of using one of those small portable vacuum cleaners that are designed to clean computer keyboards but have always been concerned that it might damage the cloth lining, especially the softer velvet ones.

R

romsitsa

Those cases look really nice. What's the best way to clean the inside of the cases without damaging them? I have a few that are a bit dirty and I haven't really tried to clean them, but I would like to.

Hello, it depends on the stain/dirt. Start with dry toothbrush, avoid the printed lettering. Sometimes the liner has to be removed for a proper cleaning. Once the liner is removed carpet cleaning foam can also be used, or simple scraping with a dull scalpel (for eg. soap scum).

R

romsitsa

A repurposed Chesterfield, the outside will be cleaned at a later point, original liners are mint and were unharmed. By coincidence I had the razor maybe two years ago...

Attachments

• IMG_2829.jpg
    IMG_2829.jpg
    843.2 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_2830.jpg
    IMG_2830.jpg
    879.6 KB · Views: 132
Top Bottom