What's new

Vapor liquid as a pre-shave

First post! Quick question, I have a couple of vapor liquid little bottles laying around, can I mix it with olive oil 50/50 and use it as a pre-shave oil? Maybe add some alcohol to dilute the mix? Ingredients on the vapor liquid bottle as follows: vegetable glycerin, propylene glycol, flavoring. Any feedback on that?

It wouldn't be advisable plus the cost isn't going to be a smart move. Bottle of Vegetable glycerin is less than $10 for an 8oz bottle. Plus if its got any nicotine in it that would make you sick.

Thanks Michael, but cost is not an issue, I already have some vapor bottles (not my favorites). Also, it's zero nicotine version. I'm sure vegetable glycerin and flavoring won't do any harm, the question is - what are the benefits of propylene glycol? I know it's used in medicine, cosmetics, etc. but is it slick enough to provide pre-shave pampering and what the percentage will be (olive oil to vapor liquid)?

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
Whats the PG/VG ratio? Never mind I am struggling with why? If I pick a vape I happen to not like I dump it. :lol:

I think this is a first.

I've always been interested in non-traditional shaving supplies. I know that people have used things like olive oil, peanut butter, mayonnaise and other food items to shave with. Some work better than others, but I don't know of any of these that become a regular part of anyone's routine.

For the sake of experimentation, I say you GO FOR IT! Let us know how it turns out.

Not sure about the ratio, either 50/50 or 70/30. Not that I hate this vapor, it's just laying around with a little chance to be evaporated in the near future :laugh: On the other hand, I was looking into home made pre-shave oil and looks like it very similar to some of the components. Is there any alcohol, VG and PG in "real" pre-shave oils?

Vape juice on my fingers always tends to feel more sticky than slick, so I'm not sure why one would want to use it for that anyway.

If it is nico free, there should be no major health risks. That being said, you will get a much nicer pre-shave oil by using EO's instead of eliquid.

I think this is a first.

I've always been interested in non-traditional shaving supplies. I know that people have used things like olive oil, peanut butter, mayonnaise and other food items to shave with. Some work better than others, but I don't know of any of these that become a regular part of anyone's routine.

For the sake of experimentation, I say you GO FOR IT! Let us know how it turns out.

Peanut butter? Seriously?

I will have to agree with some of you who mentioned that it's sticky. I tried the mixture last night and it's like slamming the brakes when a razor "glides" over the area where this abomination was applied. Good try but please don't repeat my mistake. Well, maybe just a drop or two (instead of 50/50 ratio of olive oil and vape juice) for flavor to add some depth to a scent free soap :laugh:

Peanut butter... maybe to attract SWMBO?

proxy.php

I was going to suggest a ratio of drops vapor solution to ounce of oil but it sounds like you found that out. As I understand it, PG in Abother "cosmetic" use items is usually more of a stabilizing agent or preservative than anything else. Even glycerin is pretty sticky/tacky if not wetted. You could be better off adding drops to a soap lather (assuming it doesn't act as an anti foaming agent.

Top Bottom