What's new

Vaping vs. Tobacco threads

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Recently there have been several threads where Vaping is pitted against tobacco.
It's happened in several threads now.

If you choose to use tobacco, feel free to discuss your use here.

If you choose to vape, feel free to discuss your use here.

If you choose not to smoke or not to vape, there's no point in you being here.

If the vape vs tobacco thread trend continues, we'll treat them as non-tobacco users coming in and professing their anti tobacco opinions, which is clearly against the Brown Leaf Guidelines, and they will be summarily deleted. Continued infringement will mean a lock out from the Brown Leaf.

Do refamiliarize yourself with the Brown Leaf Guidelines

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/368498-Required-Reading-to-Post-in-the-BL!

Members who are NOT regular Brown Leaf patrons should think twice about any posts they make.

Last edited:

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
I'm a fixin' to edit my ecig model comparison thread.

I have no intention of giving up my pipe! :thumbup:

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I'm a fixin' to edit my ecig model comparison thread.

I have no intention of giving up my pipe! :thumbup:

:lol:

That's good, valuable info Mike, and stuff like model comparisons are a good value to the members.
I'm just trying to keep it inclusive. Vaping and tobacco use don't need to be, and shouldn't be an "us versus them" kind of thing.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
:lol:

That's good, valuable info Mike, and stuff like model comparisons are a good value to the members.
I'm just trying to keep it inclusive. Vaping and tobacco use don't need to be, and shouldn't be an "us versus them" kind of thing.

My thoughts exactly. A lot of places are also banning vaping, so it's of mutual benefit to stand together.

Would it be improper to post my opinions of the "research results" on secondhand smoke and other methodology manipulations concerning tobacco and/or vaping, or should I just say something like "Just google 'Federal Judge vacates EPA research results'." or something like that?

Tobacco use has been a custom for centuries.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I don't think there is any issue with presenting information in a straightforward unbiased way - however...
The people here who would read it are the choir, and you know the old saying about preaching to the choir.
As with all things B&B, try to avoid any political editorializing, it just invites trouble.

Top Bottom