What's new

Vaping, second attempt

Nice Till!!! Problems solved?
Sent off the CF Mod, will be at the place next week. They should refund me, otherwise expect me to rain darkness upon them :lol:
Decided I didn't want to mess with Mech Mods due to my ability to injure myself with a straw, so figured this was the right thing.
Now I just want the Iron Man skin for it.

Your nails look well maintained though. No Homo :)
proxy.php

That's a reasonable price, especially if you have a relationship with the shop. Supporting the local B&M's is a good thing.
Agreed, especially cause they are going to show me how to rebuild my Atlantis coil. And later on they will show me how to build coils and the like :thumbup:

For building my own what equipment will I need? Also what RDA would you recommend?

Kanthal wire, wire cutters, allen wrenches or drill bits for the form, a butane torch, and wicking material. I prefer organic cotton.

As for an RDA... there are tons of choices. The Mutation X is priced very well for an authentic and very easy to build. I also really like the Tugboat and Magma. The Tugboat clone that I have is was made by Tobeco I think, the quality is good. My Magma is an authentic, but I've heard good things about the Infinite clones of it.

Kanthal wire, wire cutters, allen wrenches or drill bits for the form, a butane torch, and wicking material. I prefer organic cotton.

As for an RDA... there are tons of choices. The Mutation X is priced very well for an authentic and very easy to build. I also really like the Tugboat and Magma. The Tugboat clone that I have is was made by Tobeco I think, the quality is good. My Magma is an authentic, but I've heard good things about the Infinite clones of it.

Will my cigar lighter work instead of a butane torch? Alright that seems easy enough, I am guessing I need an extra ohm reader that isn't my box mod?

Which RDA would you recommend? Looking one for flavour, one for clouds, if there is a difference.

I'm seeing guys use the ceramic tweezers and just firing the coil until it's hot then squeezing the coil. It that a bad way to do it? ( i'm assuming that's what the torch is for? )

This is what I do... (minus Step 2 because I use TEMCo kanthal)

Step 1: Cut a piece of kanthal (you can use a wire cutter or even a toenail cutter)
Step 2: Torch your piece of kanthal with a torch lighter to make it less "springy" and get the coating off
Step 3: Use a drill bit/screwdriver/coil jig/whatever to wrap your coil around
Step 4: Shove the coil into your atty, screw your screws down, and snip any extra kanthal with wire cutter/toenail cutter/whatever
Step 5: Check the resistance of your atty on an ohm reader to make sure it's safe and that there aren't any shorts
Step 6: Once you know it's safe, throw that sucker on your mod and start pulsing it
Step 7: When the coil gets hot, use tweezer/pliers/whatever to lightly squeeze the coil together until it heats up from the center and there are no "hot spots"
Step 8: Let it cool down then thread whatever wicking material you plan on using (I like Japanese organic cotton) through the coils
Step 9: Cut the wicks to size using scissors/wire cutter/whatever and then tuck them so that they touch the deck
Step 10: Blast it with juice
Step 11: Vape that ish

So... tools that I use are:
- Toenail cutter (new not used)
- Torch lighter (if you're not using TEMCo kanthal)
- Screw driver or drill bit
- Ohm reader
- Tweezers
- Organic cotton

I'm seeing guys use the ceramic tweezers and just firing the coil until it's hot then squeezing the coil. It that a bad way to do it? ( i'm assuming that's what the torch is for? )

I have ceramic tweezers, but whenever I use them I screw up my coil because they're so freaking pointy. I prefer tweezers that have a straight edge.

Top Bottom