What's new

Vaping: One RDA is not like the other

Nevermind... I found the thread with the Plumes of Hazard guys talking about it on Reddit.

http://www.reddit.com/r/electronic_...ej/is_there_a_box_mods_anonymous_around_here/

Pic of the insides:
proxy.php

what are the benefits to "dripping" as opposed to having a tank with say a variable voltage battery? Is the idea to gain more vapor with each draw? Because I get epic amounts of vapor with my Vapage setup, or even my Cig20 tank and battery. Just trying to gain a little knowledge here....

what are the benefits to "dripping" as opposed to having a tank with say a variable voltage battery? Is the idea to gain more vapor with each draw? Because I get epic amounts of vapor with my Vapage setup, or even my Cig20 tank and battery. Just trying to gain a little knowledge here....

I'll reply here since your pm box is full...

RDAs are rebuildable atomizers that you build your own coils on. You basically make a coil to your desired ohm level and then wick it with cotton, silica, or whatever your preference. You then literally drip your juice directly onto your coils and wick... hence "dripping."

When you drip, you do so at high power. Since you don't have to worry about your atomizers ability to keep up with wicking, you can value anywhere between 20-50+ watts, depending on your setup.

This produces a ton of vapor and flavor, significantly more than a non-rebuildable atomizer.

If I try to go back to something like a Protank now, the flavor is muted and I suck on the thing trying to get more vapor. All of my tanks basically just sit in s box because I never use then anymore.

It's also, hypothetically, cheaper to use rebuildables. Instead of having to constantly buy a new coil every couple of weeks, you spend $15 bucks on 100+ ft of kanthal wire and a couple bucks on sterile cotton that will last you a ridiculously long time.

Plus, my coils are vastly superior to any of the prebuilt stuff from Kanger or Aspire.

Vaping rebuildables is a lot like wet shaving. In theory, it will save you money; in practice, it will empty your wallet. :lol:

Pretty much. That said, wet shaving wasn't too bad for me. I found what I wanted and pretty much stuck to it.

The Nib and Brown Leaf are my undoing... but I had the Nib problem even before I got to B&B.

Stopped at a local vape shop this afternoon that I hadn't been in before, turns out they had only been open for about a month. I had my Nemesis with my Atomic on top and the guy working (manager I'm guessing) started asking about it. He said he didn't have any experience with rebuildables, so I pulled everything apart and was showing him how it was set up.

We had stopped in to try some of their e-liquid, which it turns out they don't mix themselves unfortunately, but they had some decent tasting stuff, so we bought a couple bottles. They were having a 20% off sale for the holiday weekend, so we ended up buying a Sigelei Legend for my fiancee since she's getting tired of the MVP.

After leaving I went to vape my Nemesis and it tasted funny. I figured it needed more juice, so I dripped and vaped again. This time it tasted even worse and the mod felt hot. I realized right away that I had a short. I pulled the top cap off of my Atomic and noticed that two of the post hole screws were touching because one of the posts was loose. I pulled the battery out (one of the purple 35A Efest 18650s) and felt it. It was warm, but not hot, no warmer than it would be from chain vaping.

Anyone have any thoughts on whether or not the battery is still safe to use? There was no bulging, deformity, or venting.

Stopped at a local vape shop this afternoon that I hadn't been in before, turns out they had only been open for about a month. I had my Nemesis with my Atomic on top and the guy working (manager I'm guessing) started asking about it. He said he didn't have any experience with rebuildables, so I pulled everything apart and was showing him how it was set up.

We had stopped in to try some of their e-liquid, which it turns out they don't mix themselves unfortunately, but they had some decent tasting stuff, so we bought a couple bottles. They were having a 20% off sale for the holiday weekend, so we ended up buying a Sigelei Legend for my fiancee since she's getting tired of the MVP.

After leaving I went to vape my Nemesis and it tasted funny. I figured it needed more juice, so I dripped and vaped again. This time it tasted even worse and the mod felt hot. I realized right away that I had a short. I pulled the top cap off of my Atomic and noticed that two of the post hole screws were touching because one of the posts was loose. I pulled the battery out (one of the purple 35A Efest 18650s) and felt it. It was warm, but not hot, no warmer than it would be from chain vaping.

Anyone have any thoughts on whether or not the battery is still safe to use? There was no bulging, deformity, or venting.

I'd imagine it'd be safe to use, but I honestly don't know for sure. Keep a close eye on it and see if it charges.

If you're worried, just toss it. It's not going to blow up or anything, but it could harm your Nemmy.

Posting this hear since this seems to be turning into a general vaping thread...

Has anyone tried the Magma RDA or its clones? I've heard great things about the flavor due to the air holes being under the coils and the reduced chamber. Plus, the juice well is massive.

Suck My Mod, on YouTube, did a giveaway of an authentic and I got lucky. Looking forward to trying it out!

Thanks to cursethis (Jason) I've fallen down the dripping rabbit hole. I purchased an IGO-W4 and a HCigar Nemesis clone to start. After a little trial and error, I fell in love with dripping. Looking to upgrade my RDA, I purchased a Stillare clone by Infinite. I've seen some really good reviews of it online and liked the features. It was in the mail box this past Friday, so after tearing it down and giving it a good scrubbing in dish soap, I built it.

My first build was dual micro coils using 26ga Kanthal which came out to 0.4 ohms, exactly where I'd seen it reviewed, perfect (or so I thought). No matter how I set the air control, either pretty open doing lung hits or nearly closed off to give an airflow similar to what I'm getting on my IGO taking mouth hits, I cough my head off. I pulled one of the coils on Saturday, leaving it at 0.8 ohms, and tried that. Better, though still harsh.

Later on Sunday I pulled the remaining coil out and built dual coils using 30ga Kanthal like I've been doing in my IGO, which usually runs at 0.7-0.8 ohms. The new Stillare build came out to 0.9 ohms, so I figured that would be good. Dripped in some juice and set the air holes nearly closed again, took a hit, more coughing.

I'm using the same juice between the two RDAs. The IGO is giving me zero problems, as usual, so I'm back to using that. I really want to like using the Stillare as I love the look of it on my Nemesis and find the adjustable airflow control to be very convenient, but it's tearing up my throat.

Besides dropping down to 6mg nicotine juice and giving it another scrubbing, I'm not sure how to fix the issue.

Thoughts?

some lower ohm builds are too hot for me and the nicotine can be the issue and another thing if your juice has alcohol in it that can be the prob as well

I'd imagine it'd be safe to use, but I honestly don't know for sure. Keep a close eye on it and see if it charges.

If you're worried, just toss it. It's not going to blow up or anything, but it could harm your Nemmy.

ive heard those efest batteries aren't what they say they are they are different batteries rewrapped with the efest name n they r not 35A either u can also put a lil noalax on the threads of the mod to reduce the hot feeling

Top Bottom