What's new

Vaping, Jumping in head first, with both feet

$2014-11-26 18.20.32.jpg

right now ?, A little like first getting up on a freezing cold morning and trying to smoke. So I have to gently take to the hits,.. I cant even begin to push this to its limits lol, But i havent had a smoke in over 3 hours, and im not freaking out about it so far... Id say thats a great start

Yeah, definitely feels different than smoke and takes some getting used to. You aren't exactly starting off with a beginner setup, either!

Do you know what the PG/VG percentage on your liquid is? PG has more throat hit, especially on a 0.5 ohm coil.

$2014-11-26 21.06.42.jpg

All It says, so im going to go with, no... no I dont know what that ac/dc percentage thing is lol

It's probably between 50% and 70% Propylene Glycol. The thinner it looks, the higher the PG percentage. Vegetable Glycerin is thick, high VG liquids will have more of a syrupy consistency. PG tickles the throat and makes me cough.

Since you've got the Atlantis, it might be worth looking for a higher VG liquid. 70% VG 30%PG is my preferred blend, but I'll vape higher VG liquids as well. The higher the VG, the more cloud you'll get. High VG liquids will show just how amazing that Atlantis tank is!

this is pretty thick, I need to move the nozzel from the bottle around to fill it evenly... ill look out for some higher ones for fun though.

I am, the Vamo showed up yesterday, i am picking up a second juice for it today so we can try that guy out as well

so what do i have to do for regular maintenance, other then charge the batteries of course. do i need to do anything special to change juice in the tanks ?

Nope. Just fill as you need to, though it is best to fill it once you get down to 1/3 full, but not mandatory. Sometimes I'll rinse the tank if I'm switching flavors, but not always, depends on how I think they'll go together.

Other than that, change your coil if it seems like it's tasting off, but you should get a couple weeks on a coil.

ETA: Oh, and if you notice black gunk collecting in the threads of your Nemesis, just wipe them off, toothbrush, paper towel, whatever to get the stuff out. This will keep the conductivity from dwindling.

$2014-11-30 14.51.39.jpg$2014-11-30 14.50.36.jpg$2014-11-30 14.47.54.jpgView attachment 524584

Sorry went to update, then the soft furry cat jumped into my lap for a quick cat nap and some love lol

So the Vamo V6 and Nautilus mini came in you can see the difference in the coils between that and the Atlantis in that picture, its amazing how the vamo running a 18350 is still a bit bigger then the nemesis running a rull 18650 battery. Im still playing with the vamo finding my speed with it, having the Atlantis as my first unit made the Vamo a bit of a step backwards in a way, but im finding out how to get the most out of it and enjoy it. The vamo is a cool little unit. Went to a local shop to pick up some coils, and some juice, lots of cool gear in there as well, I think I may replace the Nemesis as it is a bit of a pain to deal with as everything likes to unthread itself over time, ive had the switch come out on me twice, but we will see, Im happy for now though. the juice I bought a high VG, and two of them a lower Nicotine levels so I can play more, and the other one I thought would be good in the Vamo.

All in all I think im set for a bit

Attachments

• $2014-11-30 14.48.12.jpg
    $2014-11-30 14.48.12.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
i prefer a mechanical mod over a regulated mod its easier to get the results i want from it i like to have the freedom of making coils as low ohms as i want i love to cloud chase with a regulated mod u cant get as much vapor cuz of the safety features of it i prefer having the 18650 batteries as well they last longer n have a higher discharge rate so its safer

soooooo.. I bought more, A stingray clone (black on copper) it has a single tube for different battery sizes rather then the collars the nemesis has... and a plume veil clone head. I think it's time we have a serious discussion about where y'all get ya juices at

soooooo.. I bought more, A stingray clone (black on copper) it has a single tube for different battery sizes rather then the collars the nemesis has... and a plume veil clone head. I think it's time we have a serious discussion about where y'all get ya juices at
You don't make your own? :lol:

I think this has gone from jumping in with both feet to diving in head first!!!

This is definitely the fastest I've seen someone go from giving vaping a try to now buying their second mech and first RDA!

So, first things first, are you familiar with Ohm's Law? If not, you need to understand it to safely use an RDA. You're also going to need to get an ohm-meter. The easiest ones to use are the ones with a built in 510 connection, but a Digital Multi Meter will also work if you already have one.

Did you buy Kanthal? If so, what gauge(s)?

As for juice... there's SO much out there. You're definitely going to want a high VG juice to use with the Plume Veil. At a minimum, I would suggest 70% VG.

Vapetasia is one of my favorite juice makers. Their Killer Kustard, Jack Sparrow (my favorite), and Milk of the Poppy are all fantastic. Bombies is another juice brand that has a lot of fans. cursethis is a big Bombies fan.

I suggest checking out Suck My Mod on YouTube. I've bought a lot of juices that they've reviewed and found that I tend to like everything that they give good ratings.

If you find that you like custard vapes, the Overdose line from Dr. Crimmy's V Liquid is very good.

Top Bottom