What's new

Vapequisitions

Now I've also added a Tobeco Derringer. My first foray into building my own coils and such... so far, my first ever dual coil build at least produces vapor and whatnot, so no where near a total fail. It's far from pretty looking, though. Side note, that Derringer hits pretty hard and a bit hot/harsh on a Nemesis mod.
Yea Derringer heats up quick, definitely not a cloudchaser, more flavour than anything otherwise it gets too hot.

Congrats on your first coil build. The Derringer is a nice little atty to build on and fresh wicks couldn't be easier, a longer drip tip can help with the heat but I prefer a small drip tip and just taking it easy. Much of the point of the Derringer seems to be that the coils are as up close and personal as possible but a long thin drip tip can make quite a difference. My current sweet spot is dual 26 gauge kanthal at about 0.5Ω running around 20-40w.

Congrats on your first coil build. The Derringer is a nice little atty to build on and fresh wicks couldn't be easier, a longer drip tip can help with the heat but I prefer a small drip tip and just taking it easy. Much of the point of the Derringer seems to be that the coils are as up close and personal as possible but a long thin drip tip can make quite a difference. My current sweet spot is dual 26 gauge kanthal at about 0.5Ω running around 20-40w.

I found out something I wasn't aware of, luckily I found out before anything bad happened. I was running the sub ohm build on that derringer in an unsafe way. I scrapped that build, and instead set it up with a single coil at 2 ohms. Vapes nice and mellow now, safely, and still gets plenty of cloud (not that I really care much about that aspect).

Too low of a build?

Basically, I had it on a mech mod with an 18350 battery, since I wanted the super small profile. I was advised that those batteries are not rated for sub ohm builds unless you have a regulated mod. Running the setup I was running could easily cause the battery to go into thermal breakdown and catch fire or explode.

Basically, I had it on a mech mod with an 18350 battery, since I wanted the super small profile. I was advised that those batteries are not rated for sub ohm builds unless you have a regulated mod. Running the setup I was running could easily cause the battery to go into thermal breakdown and catch fire or explode.
You were advised correctly

Hi there,

today I received 2 vapemails, one from china and one from netherlands :=)
So I got a new combo:
Vaporshark rDNA 40 box (which also supports TC) - this is nice, good size for my hands and feels well made.
FeV V3 clone from fasttech - this is a beast of an atomizer, and quite likely the most easy one to get setup. Even I was able to do it right first time.

Right now I am vaping it with an approx. 2 Ohm microcoil at 14 Watt - works great :=)

Quite happy with the new toys...
br,
ToM

Adirondack Vapor is having a Labor Day weekend sale. (Coupon: ADKLabor)

I never got around to trying them yet, so I picked up some juice to try:
- Placid (18 mL)
- Cascade (6 mL)
- Saratoga (6 mL)
- Ticonderoga ( 6 mL)

So, I got my Adirondack Vapor package in today.

They upgraded my order to the following...

- Placid (30 mL)
- Tupper (30 mL)
- Cascade (6 mL)
- Saratoga (6 mL)
- Ticonderoga ( 6 mL)

So, I got 42 mL of extra juice for free. I hope that I like their juice, because that's the kind of customer service that you don't see a lot of these days.

So, I got my Adirondack Vapor package in today.

They upgraded my order to the following...

- Placid (30 mL)
- Tupper (30 mL)
- Cascade (6 mL)
- Saratoga (6 mL)
- Ticonderoga ( 6 mL)

So, I got 42 mL of extra juice for free. I hope that I like their juice, because that's the kind of customer service that you don't see a lot of these days.

Looking forward to some reviews, as I need to start buying some juices again now. :)

It'll be a while since I like to let new juice steep for a week or two before trying.

No hurry on it, there's a local shop with juice that has kept me happy with their flavor selection, and will continue to do so. It's just nice to branch out sometimes, just like I do with pipe tobacco. lol

new arrivals from mechsauce.com

Mech Sauce 120ml (butterscotch custard)
Sexy Beach 120ml (peach rum)
Mech Milk 120ml (strawberry milkshake)

cant beat the price of $18.95 for a 120ml bottle.

$HPIM0636.jpg

I had been looking at yaeliq juice the past few weeks and just pulled the trigger tonight when I noticed 3 of the juices I'd been wanting to try were going for $11/100ml. The $3 booster for 10ml of the juice flavour concentrate, and that it comes in 100ml glass bottles, should come in handy for my ongoing diy juice experiments. Here's hoping it tastes good, I've seen a few really positive reviews on youtube.

Picked up a sigelei 75w tc. I've only used the temp control once, I've been vaping in wattage mode since I pick up a five pack of .2 ohm coils from the local b&m shop. I like it. Fits good in hand. I've had it for about a month now. I don't have any complaints.

Top Bottom