What's new

Vape Starter Kit and vendors I need recommendations

I need recommendations for vape starter kits and where to buy. I am more interested in hardware than software. Thanks in advance.

I started with a bunch of little things but coming from pipe smoking, I couldn't get the volume of vapor I enjoyed. I ended up getting a Fuchai 213 mod and a Smok cloud beast tank. A baby beast is even a good tank if you don't want really big.

The thing I like about the Fuchai mod, is it is simple. There aren't a bunch of menus and crap you need to go through just to get it to work. It has also proven to be very reliable and durable.

The wife upgraded hers to a Sigeli Kaos because she likes the LED lights, and I moved up to a Fuchai Duo for the three battery option. Segeli makes Fuchai, so all of the menus are almost identical on all 3 models, other than the Kaos has an extra setting for the lights.

If you want something a little smaller (Kaos and 213 are two battery mods, and Duo is two or three batteries), Smok has a single battery (built in) Smok Stick with a V8 Baby Beast tank.
Element vape has them for about $30 right now for the kit. I've ordered from them a few times and they have good prices and pretty fast on getting your order out to you.

Thanks Shawn!
No problem. Hopefully you can find one that suits you. Do you like a lit of vapor, similar to a pipe? Or smaller amount like with a cigarette? You can adjust heat and airflow on the Smok tanks to help, but if you like big, I would say a 2 battery mod and a TFV12 tank.
I got one and use the T8 coils in it. Longest lasting coils I have found so far if I'm not building my own. I can get a full 120ml bottle out of one coil.

If you are looking for small and simple, I would say the Smok Stick would be a great choice.

If you get a batch of quality 18650 batteries, Samsung 25R/30Q or similar,and a decent 4 bay charger, nitecore or xtar type thing, there's a load of budget good quality 1/2/3 battery mods to choose from.

I've been enjoying my Wismec Reuleaux 2/3 since the beginning of the year but just recently picked up a Yosta Livepor 160w and am loving it, really light, compact for a dual 18650 mod and easy to use.
The GeekVape Illusion Mini is a nice little tank that can take a LOAD of different coils.
A Livepor & Illusion Mini can be had for ~$50 on fasttech.

Worth considering if you are going to be rolling your own coils and wicks or buying stock coils. I've been happily vaping 90%+ of my ejuice over the past few years through a little Derringer clone dripper with home made microcoils. Set up for dripper, cotton & a reel of kanthal is ~$12 at the same place and will last a loooooong time. With fresh wicks and a quick clean every week or two my coils last for months, I tend to change them more out of novelty than necessity.

No problem. Hopefully you can find one that suits you. Do you like a lit of vapor, similar to a pipe? Or smaller amount like with a cigarette? You can adjust heat and airflow on the Smok tanks to help, but if you like big, I would say a 2 battery mod and a TFV12 tank.
I got one and use the T8 coils in it. Longest lasting coils I have found so far if I'm not building my own. I can get a full 120ml bottle out of one coil.

If you are looking for small and simple, I would say the Smok Stick would be a great choice.

More like pipes. I'd probably go with a Smok Stick.

If you get a batch of quality 18650 batteries, Samsung 25R/30Q or similar,and a decent 4 bay charger, nitecore or xtar type thing, there's a load of budget good quality 1/2/3 battery mods to choose from.

I've been enjoying my Wismec Reuleaux 2/3 since the beginning of the year but just recently picked up a Yosta Livepor 160w and am loving it, really light, compact for a dual 18650 mod and easy to use.
The GeekVape Illusion Mini is a nice little tank that can take a LOAD of different coils.
A Livepor & Illusion Mini can be had for ~$50 on fasttech.

Worth considering if you are going to be rolling your own coils and wicks or buying stock coils. I've been happily vaping 90%+ of my ejuice over the past few years through a little Derringer clone dripper with home made microcoils. Set up for dripper, cotton & a reel of kanthal is ~$12 at the same place and will last a loooooong time. With fresh wicks and a quick clean every week or two my coils last for months, I tend to change them more out of novelty than necessity.

Thanks for the info!

More like pipes. I'd probably go with a Smok Stick.
Smok stick should serve you well. I haven't used the mod portion of it myself, but I do have 2 of the same tank that comes with it here. They are a good tank and have a few different options for coils to help you adjust things to your taste.

As for vendors I really like element vape as mentioned above and direct vapor. Might not be the rock bottom cheapest, but they are solid, and based in the USA so it doesn't take two weeks (or more) to get your order.

My first 3 mods I purchased from vendors.

Vista:
My Kanger Subox mini I purchased from Vista Vapors about 4 years ago after several other vendors put my order on delay due to backorder. Vista is located in MN so the shipping was ridiculously fast.
4-5 months, and several inexpensive mLs of Vista juice later, I bought an iStick 100w (long before there was a TC option). I couldn't get the battery door to close (with batteries in) so I talked to Vista's CS and they told me to send it back and they'd look at it. I shipped it back and didn't hear anything for a couple weeks and got concerned. Called again and was told that they had just gotten it to work and were sending it back. When I received the iStick 4 days later it looked like it had been thrown out of a window of a moving vehicle at full speed on a highway. To top it off the door still wouldn't close. I called CS again and was told that I was doing something wrong because they were able to get it to close. I was also told that there was nothing they could do about the condition, but was offered a 15% off code, which was the same discount code that was currently on their site. I never bought anything from Vista again.

Later on I bought a Koopor Plus from VaporDNA. When I received the package it was due $4 postage. I documented and took pictures of the notice and paid the due postage. When I went back over the receipt I was charged exactly $4 more than what they paid for postage. I contacted VaporDNA, by phone and by email (with photos of the postage due and the receipt) and they told me that they wouldn't have shorted the postage and wouldn't be issuing any sort of refund. Never bought from VaporDNA again.

The last mod I bought, an RX200, I bought off of eBay from a reputable seller. No issues whatsoever.

Bit of a long story, but there are tons of options for mods and tons of vendors that may or may not be reputable.

Let he who is without sin cast the first rock, and we shall smoketh it

Ordered SMOK Stick V8 Kit - Pen-Style Cloud Beast and Killer Kustard zero nicotine. The waiting begins.
Never tried that brand of juice, but I think you will be happy with the Smok Stick.
Just for reference, the tank it comes with is the baby beast.

From right to left are the baby beast, big baby, TFV8 cloud beast, and TFV12 cloud king.

DSC_0330.JPG

And here is the TFV12 on my Fuchai Duo two battery mod.

DSC_0331.JPG

I received it yesterday. The Stick V8 Kit came with .15 dual coils pre-installed and .25 dual coils. I tried vaping, the taste was good, the vape was a bit hot but no big deal. I assume the .25 dual coils will increase the temperature, is that right?
My main concern is that juice leaks from the air vent. I had left the air vent open overnight and the juice leaked. It also leaked when I was vaping, the air vent was half open.
What causes it to leak?
proxy.php

the .25 coils should actually be a bit cooler. They require more power to heat up since there is more resistance. On a set wattage mod, they will be cooler.

The leaking is probably either because the coil was a little loose from the factory install, or the wires may have been left long when they assembled it. If it continues to leak, take the tank apart and check the tightness. It should be snug. Not wrenched on tight, but snug.

If it is tight, then take the coil out and look at the bottom seal. This doesn't always happen, but it happens enough that I check every coil before installing. The seal you want to look closely at is the red one in this photo.

DSC_0333.JPG

You can see where the wire was left long and leaves a gap at the seal. A small pair of wire cutters or even nail clippers will snip that off and let the seal set like it should.
In a dual coil there should be two places where this can happen, so check all the way around. Then just press the bottom plug back in (just put your fingers on top and bottom of the coil and give a little squeeze) and re-install it.

If the wires are long under the seal, those are fine left the way they are. It's just the top ones that will allow it to leak.

After visiting this thread last friday I ordered the alien baby from element vapor with some orange crush candy e juice. USPS said it will be here this Thursday.

Top Bottom