What's new

Vape Noob wanting some help!

Hello ladies and gents,

A friend of mine recently hooked me up with some Fuzion eJuice and I decided to give vaping another shot.

So, I picked up the Aspire Nautilus Mini and I had 2 eGo rebranded batteries - assuming the 650mah ones. Not sure about the voltage and whatnot.

Anyways, I am interested in picking up a better battery - particularly the Innokin MVP v2 I believe it is. Would this be the next logical step in my vaping? Would it provide a better quality vape? What changes will I notice when upping my power?

I assume it's the battery that's holding me back right now, though I am getting pretty good vape.

Also, I find myself still craving cigarettes a little bit. Does this go away with time? I'm on day 3.

He MVP2 is an excellent mod! I have been using one since Feb. It will allow you to control amps or voltage to tailor your vape to your liking. (If it seems too big for when you're at work, the VV V3 is just like it, in a smaller package.). The MVP2 will stay charged like 3 days for me, and it charges with any mini-USB port charger. I highly recommend it!
When I started vaping, I chose a menthol/tobacco flavored juice that mimiced for me my 20+ year addiction to menthol cigarettes. I never once wanted a cigarette since I started vaping. (Get a good juice at a local vaping store where they will let you taste before you buy.). Also look into the nicotine levels of your juice. I was a little over a pack a day smoker so 18mgs nicotine kept any cravings away.
If there is anything else I can help you with, feel free to ask me! I'm very big on getting my smoking friends off cigarettes and on to vaping.

I went with the itaste vv v3 that Inferno mentioned, it let me dial in my vape. As for quitting and wanting a cigarette, check what the nicotine concentration is. You might need to up it for a while. And stick with it... for me, it got harder before it got easier, but it was worth it.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
I have been smoke free for 5 months now. It for sure took better equipment to get me off the smokes. What you are looking at is a great option at a good price. There are some other good VV/VW Mods on the market as well. Do you have a quality vape shop near by that can give you quality information and let you handle different Mods to decide what you like?

Don't be scared to go with higher nicotine to start with. I started at 18 mg/ml at 1st. I am at 2mg/ml now. You need just a touch or the juice is pretty tasteless.

Good luck to you.

After talking to a buddy and considering my other hobbies, I might go the full RDA route with a box mod. I'm on my way to being an A+ certified tech and have built several computers so I think I could handle a ecig ;).

What do you think?

Box mods are fun ... I went with the pre-built stuff because ease of use and smaller investment - my goal was to quit smoking and then just keep my ecig around for those moments when I think I might have a craving.

If you are looking at replacing your smoking habit, go for it! If not, maybe start with a simpler vv like the itaste v3 (should be able to get for about 30ish) and see how it goes. Just my 2 cents.

Box mods are fun ... I went with the pre-built stuff because ease of use and smaller investment - my goal was to quit smoking and then just keep my ecig around for those moments when I think I might have a craving.

If you are looking at replacing your smoking habit, go for it! If not, maybe start with a simpler vv like the itaste v3 (should be able to get for about 30ish) and see how it goes. Just my 2 cents.

I agree with this. I went for the pre-built, ready-to-vape set up. It was least amount of trouble and time.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
After talking to a buddy and considering my other hobbies, I might go the full RDA route with a box mod. I'm on my way to being an A+ certified tech and have built several computers so I think I could handle a ecig ;).

What do you think?

If you really want to build Bryan, there is nothing better. I do not use any purchased coils any more. My favorite set up is an AR Mod with a Mutation X RDA. Of course most of your builds will be sub ohm so just use common sense. If it's hot put it down. :smile:

I also use a Kayfun it lets you build the coil but still have a tank if dripping all of the time is an inconvenience.

My biggest piece of advice with dripping beside battery safety, is watch your nicotine. An RDA gives you a lot of vapor a high nicotine dose will make you dizzy.

If you really want to build Bryan, there is nothing better. I do not use any purchased coils any more. My favorite set up is an AR Mod with a Mutation X RDA. Of course most of your builds will be sub ohm so just use common sense. If it's hot put it down. :smile:

I also use a Kayfun it lets you build the coil but still have a tank if dripping all of the time is an inconvenience.

My biggest piece of advice with dripping beside battery safety, is watch your nicotine. An RDA gives you a lot of vapor a high nicotine dose will make you dizzy.

OOooo!@ A tank and custom coil. That sounds wicked! I think I'll start off with a box mod and then go from there :)

Where should I pick up replacement BVC V2s for my Nauti mini in the meantime for the cheapest price?

There are some online dealers that ship straight from china, but if you are getting into the hobby and building side of things, I would recommend getting to know your local B&M. They usually have a lot of different brands of juice available and many have tasting bars so you can figure out what you like.

And IMHO, only use juice made completely in the US/Canada - I don't trust stuff from overseas when it comes to additives.

I agree with the local B&M. Good chance they can let you try a few different things. And another positive is if you dont like the juice you can PIF it to a buddy whose trying to quit smoking.

i started off with all the prebuilt stuff but over the years I made it to the Mechs. building coils are fun and I have group of friends that work in the shops that help push me for bigger clouds.look on you tube on how to build coils or go to a shop where they sell mods and have them show you how to do it. you will need an ohm meter so you dont blow yourself up.Standard wire you will probably use is Kanthal. there is another called nicrom that heats up faster. which is good for heavier gauge wire. Here is my current build.
Chi mech mod/infinity CTL RDA/ Sony 18650 CT5 High drain lithium battery/24 gauge nicrom wire 8 wraps at .2 ohms

Here is a little Video of some of the clouds I make.
http://vid1101.photobucket.com/albums/g432/LordDema/20140827_1857281.mp4

As has already been said, check the nicotine level of your juice. People that are just getting off of cigarettes typically need 18mg or even 24mg juice. Once you get over the hump of not smoking anymore, then look at cutting down your nicotine level.

As for a battery/mod, you will definitely notice a difference when you move past ego style batteries. The MVP2 is an excellent choice. That was my next step after the egos. If you think you might want to try an RDA at some point, getting a VV box mod is another good choice.

HOWEVER, make sure you are familiar with Ohm's Law and battery limits before building. Make sure that you have some way of checking the resistance of your builds, be it a DMM, an ohm meter with a 510 connection, or even an MVP2 (I still use mine to check my builds).

If you can spare the money, something like a DNA30 mod is a good choice if you are just getting into building and RDAs as it will provide some protections in case something goes wrong.

As has already been said, check the nicotine level of your juice. People that are just getting off of cigarettes typically need 18mg or even 24mg juice. Once you get over the hump of not smoking anymore, then look at cutting down your nicotine level.

As for a battery/mod, you will definitely notice a difference when you move past ego style batteries. The MVP2 is an excellent choice. That was my next step after the egos. If you think you might want to try an RDA at some point, getting a VV box mod is another good choice.

HOWEVER, make sure you are familiar with Ohm's Law and battery limits before building. Make sure that you have some way of checking the resistance of your builds, be it a DMM, an ohm meter with a 510 connection, or even an MVP2 (I still use mine to check my builds).

If you can spare the money, something like a DNA30 mod is a good choice if you are just getting into building and RDAs as it will provide some protections in case something goes wrong.

What's a DMM? What's the cheapest way of testing the power?

What's a DMM? What's the cheapest way of testing the power?

A DMM is a Digital Multi Meter. The cheapest way of testing the resistance (what you need to watch on any rebulidable) is an ohm meter with a 510 connection, they're about $20.

Top Bottom