What's new

Vanilla

I've smelled some things with Vanilla scent and they often smell like potpourri to me, which I don't like too much. However, I love vanilla as a flavor in food, vanilla bean and most especially the scent of vanilla Extract in the bottle for baking (Amazing scent). Are there any soaps that are more in the direction of Vanilla Extract instead of the typical Vanilla potpourri smell ?

Stirling Vanilla Sandalwood

The vanilla is the dominant scent and whatever sandalwood scent is there, it's more in the background. IMO, it's definitely more of the extract type of vanilla scent. It's a pretty great scent for anyone who likes vanilla.

Stirling Vanilla Sandalwood

The vanilla is the dominant scent and whatever sandalwood scent is there, it's more in the background. IMO, it's definitely more of the extract type of vanilla scent. It's a pretty great scent for anyone who likes vanilla.

The thing is, I strongly dislike even a hint of Sandalwood.

The thing is, I strongly dislike even a hint of Sandalwood.

You may still want to try a sample size puck. Even knowing that Sandalwood is supposed to be there, I honestly can't smell it, so perhaps how it interacts with the Vanilla changes the profile of the scent. To me it just smells like a good vanilla.

Whatever you decide, good luck with your search.

You may still want to try a sample size puck. Even knowing that Sandalwood is supposed to be there, I honestly can't smell it, so perhaps how it interacts with the Vanilla changes the profile of the scent. To me it just smells like a good vanilla.

Whatever you decide, good luck with your search.

Ok, i will try a sample of it. Sounds like it's worth a sample

That's a good question. Vanilla isn't a particularly strong scent and I haven't really come across any that strike me as strongly vanilla. I'd be interested to see if there was such a soap out there, but at the same time, I would be rather surprised to find one that didn't use it as a secondary note.

B&M Lavanille is what I'd consider a pretty "sharp" blend of vanilla and lavender.

Yeah, i already have that one on my list of stuff to try. I love Lavender. And i like strong vanilla so the two together should be incredible for me

Yeah, i already have that one on my list of stuff to try. I love Lavender. And i like strong vanilla so the two together should be incredible for me
It’s a nice scent, strong though and I think somewhat polarizing. If you want to try a penny sample pm me your info and I’d be happy to scrape some off for you to try out.

That's a good question. Vanilla isn't a particularly strong scent and I haven't really come across any that strike me as strongly vanilla. I'd be interested to see if there was such a soap out there, but at the same time, I would be rather surprised to find one that didn't use it as a secondary note.

Me too

Something like the vanilla scented tree air freshener. Seems to be a scent that puts me in a good mood.

B&M Lavanille is what I'd consider a pretty "sharp" blend of vanilla and lavender.

This is a great one. Also, as per Will, one B&M scent that everyone should try. Make sure you use a synthetic brush with it, as it can darken hair bristles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stirling Barbershop had a very distinct foody-vanilla undertone to it, which I quite liked. It was ultimtely too oily for my skin so I stopped using it and traded it though.

Soap Commander Honor has more of a tonka bean underlying scent to it which is less foody than the Stirling above. Honor is one fabulously scented and complex shave soap that smells like nothing else out there. It has other scents in it though that you may be perceiving as potpurri so only one way to find out, $$$.

The only soap I've ever smelled that smelled exactly like potpurri to me was Haslinger Shafmilch. Geeeerrrrrooooosss!!!

Top Bottom