What's new

Van Der Hagen

Early in my shave career ( when I was doing it as a cost-savings project and refused to order from the internet ) I used VDH Deluxe quite a bit since it could be purchased locally and it was at a good price point. Then I got into nuking it in the microwave and adding various colognes to it ( at the time dumping knock-off Old Spice clones in it was a big shave forum favorite ). Eventually, I started using 'real' shave soaps more and more and I started using VDH less and less. That said I still have a few pucks on hand, and I have a shave stick I made from it that travels with me at times still. I'm not sure I'll replace it if I ever run out, but I don't shy away from using it when my eye falls on it at times.

That said I have one puck of VDH Luxury and it's my 'test bed' lather for new shaving hardware. If I want to test something out I use that soap since it gives me a good baseline for basing comparisons on. I don't get distracted by crazy good lather or scent and can just concentrate on the hardware. I'm pretty confident if I can get a good shave from the hardware with the VDH Lux lather it will work across the entire spectrum of my soap collection.

Top Bottom