What's new

Van Der Hagen Shave Butter?

I use it as an ASB and moisturizer. I don't find it useful at all for shaving.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

So I picked this up at Walmart this weekend with the intent of using it as and pre-shave. I agree with most on this thread that it has a pleasant cocoa/shea butter aroma. It's brought me back to the scent of Hawaiian Tropic during the 80's.
I also agree that I don't see much use. It's not very slick, I'd give it a 1 on a 5 scale, don't think it added value over the Nivea shaving cream I massaged on top. I'll leave it in the shower for the wife and daughter.

Reached for it this morning while making breakfast - saw "Butter" on the tube and accidentally put it on the toast. Nobody liked it, but on the plus side, I won't be having to make breakfast for everyone anymore.

Just kidding - I've already got the tube of Cremo on the end of the sink. - it works great as a pre-shave, just like the Proraso. No plans on buying anything labeled as either 'oil' or 'butter.'

I picked up a bottle of the Shave Butter at walmart. Orange bottle. I have been using Cremo but they only had original and Bourbon and those did not smell like the Coconut Cremo more like an after shave. I tried it when I got home. Works just like Cremo. Nice lube and easy shave. Its not for brushing. An almond or smaller dollop in your palm and use two fingers to apply. The blade just glides, no sticking or burns. Great stuff with a great Almond smell. Its a very good product. Cremo is good also and I could not really tell any difference between the two. Either or.

Top Bottom