What's new

Van Der Hagen Items on sale at Giant Eagle in the Cleveland, OH area.

VDH Luxury soap is on sale at Giant Eagle in Cleveland. Priced at $1.99 each I had to pick up a few. All the Van Der Hagen items were on sale, though the soap is the biggest bargain. They also had discounts on the DE Blades, DE Razor, Brush, and the Cup/Brush shaving kit.

I like the soap.:) However, they have two kinds, I think. I've only used their Luxury soap. I've never tried the Deluxe soap. Not sure which they consider to be their top shelf soap.

The "Luxury" is the newer one, plus they have an unscented version. Their original line of soaps was Select (White), Glycerin (Clear Orange) and Deluxe (Pink)... though they're all glycerin based. I like the scent of the Deluxe over the Luxury, performance I think is about the same.

I've never used any VDH products. How are the blades and soaps?

The soaps are great for the price. Definitely worth trying. The advantage of their soaps is that you can melt them in a microwave and pour them into a different container.

I've tried the DE Blades, they're about the same as the Personnas you would find sold as drug stores brands. Considering the price you can buy blades in bulk, the VDH blades aren't much of a bargain since there are 5 per pack.

I haven't tried their newer brushes. The old boar brushes ones used to sell at CVS and Rite Aid were decent for the price, but the knot only seemed to last (for me) about a year before falling out.

Masonjarjar, thanks for this tip!:)

I stopped by my local Giant Eagle and sure enough, the VDH Luxury Soap was marked down to $1.99!:) Again, many thanks for the tip!:) I grabbed three pucks.:) As I mentioned, I like this soap. it contains some good stuff like 10% Glycerin, Shea butter, Mango butter, and Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter. It was one of the first shaving soaps I used when I came back to wt shaving.:) As I recall, it really protected my skin.:) I'm looking forward to using it regularly again.:)

Regular price looked to be about five or six bucks ($4.99 or $5.99, I think). Amazon sells a three pack for $11.03. This still beats that price.:)

The razor and badger brush were marked at a couple of dollars off. I have the VDH razor and a couple of nice badger brushes already. So, I passed on those. But, I'll keep my eyes open. the VDH products were on the bottom shelf. A new line of shaving products were on the upper and top selves. Giant Eagle may be marking down the VDH items to make way for a new line of products, etc. which means, they might mark prices even lower on the razors and brushes in order to clear them out and make shelf space for the new product line. Just a hunch.

Masonjarjar, thanks for this tip!:)

I stopped by my local Giant Eagle and sure enough, the VDH Luxury Soap was marked down to $1.99!:) Again, many thanks for the tip!:) I grabbed three pucks.:) As I mentioned, I like this soap. it contains some good stuff like 10% Glycerin, Shea butter, Mango butter, and Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter. It was one of the first shaving soaps I used when I came back to wt shaving.:) As I recall, it really protected my skin.:) I'm looking forward to using it regularly again.:)

Regular price looked to be about five or six bucks ($4.99 or $5.99, I think). Amazon sells a three pack for $11.03. This still beats that price.:)

The razor and badger brush were marked at a couple of dollars off. I have the VDH razor and a couple of nice badger brushes already. So, I passed on those. But, I'll keep my eyes open. the VDH products were on the bottom shelf. A new line of shaving products were on the upper and top selves. Giant Eagle may be marking down the VDH items to make way for a new line of products, etc. which means, they might mark prices even lower on the razors and brushes in order to clear them out and make shelf space for the new product line. Just a hunch.

Not sure which one you visit, but FYI, the Giant Eagle Market District stores (Strongsville, Solon and Cuyahoga Falls) have a much larger shaving section plus they carry some Art of Shaving products. And I've noticed that a few Giant Eagles are also carrying a few AOS items (specifically, the Giant Eagle on Day Drive in Parma, haven't noticed any others).

I stopped by the Giant Eagle Market District store in Solon, Ohio today. They have The Art of Shaving products, but a rather limited Supply. I mentioned to a sales associate, because they didn't carry more of the product line, I could simply go to The Art of Shaving store at Beachwood Mall. They informed me that that store had closed. I was quite surprised. So, I guess if I want The Art of shavSha products, I'll have to settle for whatever is on the Shelf at Giant Eagle or purchase from Amazon'.

Top Bottom