What's new

Van De Hagen vs Hard Water

Up front I apologize for no picture of lather. While visiting grandpa who had a New unused bowl with soap that he received as a gift, he gave it to me seeing how I have started wet shaving.
Excited to try it, the next morning following the great instructions found on badger and blade and also razor emporium I went at it. Using a badger brush acquired from my uncle loading and stirring and adding just a little water at a time. It just continued to stay thin and would not achieve any body. Shaving experience was ok but nothing like Tabac!
I want to see what happens when I get home and try our softer water.
Thanks for reading.
- Preacher_Man

Attachments

• 20200330_162047.jpg
    20200330_162047.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1
Up front I apologize for no picture of lather. While visiting grandpa who had a New unused bowl with soap that he received as a gift, he gave it to me seeing how I have started wet shaving.
Excited to try it, the next morning following the great instructions found on badger and blade and also razor emporium I went at it. Using a badger brush acquired from my uncle loading and stirring and adding just a little water at a time. It just continued to stay thin and would not achieve any body. Shaving experience was ok but nothing like Tabac!
I want to see what happens when I get home and try our softer water.
Thanks for reading.
- Preacher_Man
There's no excuse for using hard water to build your lather. You can get bottled water cheap, or at places such as Water & Ice, where you bring your own bottles, for 30¢ per gallon. My water is so hard that I can boil tap water, let it sit & cool, then filter out precipitated minerals. It's no way distilled or RO quality, but it has a lot of the lather-fighting minerals removed.

Top Bottom