What's new

Van Cleef & Arpels Pour Homme

I hear this cologne is a hidden gem. I love scents from the 1970's-80's. They just suit my style a lot more. I have been hearing great things about VC&A and I just wanted do ask you guys if you wear it or have any opinions.

I do have a bottle. Hmmmmmm...how do I describe this???!!! 1st. GO WITH TSAR....try that one first. I think it's much better.

VCA PH.....it's heavy, thick, one-two sprays in the winter/fall/early spring. Rose-urinal cake.

I do have VCA Midnight in Paris and don't see what the fuss is all about???

Try Cartier Declaration d'Un Soir....it's soooooooooooo much better. **If possibe...test VCA PH***

Just my 2 cents

I do have a bottle. Hmmmmmm...how do I describe this???!!! 1st. GO WITH TSAR....try that one first. I think it's much better.

VCA PH.....it's heavy, thick, one-two sprays in the winter/fall/early spring. Rose-urinal cake.

I do have VCA Midnight in Paris and don't see what the fuss is all about???

Try Cartier Declaration d'Un Soir....it's soooooooooooo much better. **If possibe...test VCA PH***

Just my 2 cents
I appreciate your two cents. I totally have plans to get some Tsar. In fact, it'll be my next cologne purchase. I just checked off vintage Royal Copenhagen, Aramis, and Quorum. VC&A PH was part of that list too.

I am a big fan of strange classics that maybe stretch the definition of tastefulness. I like when a cologne is bizzarre and isn't immediately likable, at least not by today's standards. An example of the type of cologne I loathe would be something by the English Laundry line. You know, the synthetic aquatics with linear design; inoffensive and unimaginative. My collection is in opposition to that idea. If someone says a cologne smells dated or smells like old man, I say "challenge accepted". I love the "old man" bit. It's almost always total B.S. and the fragrance is actually very nice on someone who isn't in their 70's!

I will check out Tsar and look into the other one you mentioned. If Pour Homme does turn out to urinal cake, I didn't pay that much for it. If it's bizzarre, well then it's right up my alley. My guess is it'll actually smell quite nice on me. My wife will be honest!

I would definitely second the call for Tsar.
It's a beauty. A powerful beauty. Not for the faint of heart.

Perhaps, even consider Chanel Antaeus. It too, in my opinion, would fall under the "strange classic" category.

I would definitely second the call for Tsar.
It's a beauty. A powerful beauty. Not for the faint of heart.

Perhaps, even consider Chanel Antaeus. It too, in my opinion, would fall under the "strange classic" category.
Thank you! I am gonna look into Tsar eventually. It's a little more pricey than most of my stuff. I remember smelling it in a store when I was about 13 and thinking it was nuclear!

I haven't heard of the other one you mentioned, but I will research it. I just bought about 5 fragrances so I need to cool it for a while before I get divorced. [emoji2958]

One last recommendation(s): **By the way Quorum is a nice cologne**

I think you'll like....

Giorgio for men. It is strong and has that"unique" standard you're looking for. I have a bottle and it's almost beast mode...it lasts a long time. Very affordable and available in outlet stores.

proxy.php

I have these and think you'll like them... they are unique and very reasonable in price

Bogart Pour Homme....a strong cologne with that "vibe" your looking for. Long lasting, unique cherry-tobacco smell.

proxy.php

Ted Lapidus.....Lapidus Pour Homme
Long lasting...."unique"..........honey-incense smell.

proxy.php

Zino Davidoff....I use to wear this in college and the ladies loved it. It has probably been reformulated but when I had it ,it was a unique....rose-patchouli-incense smell that the ladies loved and I could imagine Steven Tyler(Aerosmith), David Coverdale(Whitesnake) or Roger Daltrey(The Who) wearing this with swagger!!!

proxy.php

I think you'll like....

Giorgio for men. It is strong and has that"unique" standard you're looking for. I have a bottle and it's almost beast mode...it lasts a long time. Very affordable and available in outlet stores.

proxy.php

I have these and think you'll like them... they are unique and very reasonable in price

Bogart Pour Homme....a strong cologne with that "vibe" your looking for. Long lasting, unique cherry-tobacco smell.

proxy.php

proxy.php

Zino Davidoff....I use to wear this in college and the ladies loved it. It has probably been reformulated but when I had it ,it was a unique....rose-patchouli-incense smell that the ladies loved and I could imagine Steven Tyler(Aerosmith), David Coverdale(Whitesnake) or Roger Daltrey(The Who) wearing this with swagger!!!

proxy.php
Thanks very much! You seem like you get what I am trying to build here. I nearly bought Georgio for men the other day at Ross (probably my favorite store in the entire world). It's definitely on my radar now. I have heard good things about Lapidus. Bogart is famous (or infamous) for it's Robert Palmer concepts in fragrance and I am intrigued. But Zino Davidoff, you had me hooked at David Coverdale! If it's good enough for him, and most likely Glenn Hughes, then it's got to make it's way into my collection.

I have to admit, I have shied away from Davidoff due to the overexposure of Cool Water. It's not that I hate it, it's just really not for me. And it seems to be beloved for reasons that I cannot relate to, then copied over and over in different forms. I have had enough of it. But I will definitely give Zino a try. If Ross doesn't have it then I will check ebay.

After I get my hands on some Tsar, that is!

Thanks again,
Sellers

I think you'll like....

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php
So I went to the mall-soleum today and look what they had tucked away in the corner! The $50 stung a little, but this stuff can't be had from fragranceX or fragrancenet. Oh well, supply and demand.
proxy.php

I think you'll like....

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php
So I got VC&A Pour Homme tonight and OH MAN is it awesome! I enjoy Tsar very much, but I think Pour Homme is more suited to my personality. There's something kind of goth about it, beyond the black bottle. I guess it's the leather and dried rose smell. It's going into my top 5!

Next stop, Zino! Thanks for the recommendation.

These power frags are my wheelhouse, as well. Lots of great suggestions above. I don't have them all, but I have most. The one missing from the discussion is Kouros, which is the king, in my book. Lapidus and Giorgio are the other two I turn to most. But Kouros...

These power frags are my wheelhouse, as well. Lots of great suggestions above. I don't have them all, but I have most. The one missing from the discussion is Kouros, which is the king, in my book. Lapidus and Giorgio are the other two I turn to most. But Kouros...
I think I will get to those eventually. The Pour Homme's drydown is a tad rosy for me in most situations, but I am gonna live with it for a while. I have heard great things about Kouros as well.

I just got Aramis. That's a powerhouse before it was a thing, i think! I am hoping Quorum is as awesome as I've heard.

Hey Sharpstar90...

One more "Unique" fragrance.

Boss Bottled Night: This one swings the other way from "heavy". It's lighter and has a flower-take and to me good to wear all year long. My wife likes it on me and I have had compliments...especially at the poker and craps table in Vegas.

Look it up and see what you think. It is unique, smells very good, and not that many people wear it. Just my 2 cents.

Perfume, Cologne & Discount Perfume
Discount Perfume & Cologne - Free Shipping | FragranceX.com

proxy.php

Look into Guerlain Habit Rouge..........this is also a "unique" one you might enjoy.
Go with the EDT.....to me the EDP is a little over powering.
proxy.php

Look into Guerlain Habit Rouge..........this is also a "unique" one you might enjoy.
Go with the EDT.....to me the EDP is a little over powering.
proxy.php
Thank you for the suggestions. I was recently lucky enough to purchase two bottles of 2010 Aramis with oakmoss. I am keeping an eye out for Zino Davidoff as well. Bottled Night seems like a fascinating concept and I have heard great things about Habit Rouge, and Guerlain in general. I read that Harisson Ford Wears Guerlain Vetiver.

Top Bottom