What's new

Value for money fragrances

Yardley Citrus & Words I have seen for less than £15 here in the UK, as a fan of Lime/Bergamot fragrances worth a blind buy?
The opening citrus in Yardley is not very long lasting, but it has a nice woody drydown. If it is lime and bergamot that you are looking for then I would go with the Spiced Limes. The original Crown Spiced Limes has been discontinued, but Anglia Perfumery Spiced Limes is a reasonable replacement and if you are a fan of lime and bergamot then I don't think that you will be disappointed.

Last edited:
The opening citrus in Yardley is not very long lasting, but it has a nice woody drydown. If it is lime and bergamot that you are looking for then I would go with the Spiced Limes. The original Crown Spiced Limes has been discontinued, but Anglia Perfumery Spiced Limes is a reasonable replacement and if you are a fan of lime and bergamot then I don't think that you will be disappointed.

Cheers. I do have Floris Limes which I like also.

Just bought 2 bottles of Cacharel Pour Homme EDT from a store in the UK, £37.50 reduced to £15 each, bargain and again an old favourite.

Tom Ford Grey Vetiver is pretty expensive, but it's my favorite.

After I got a bottle, I discovered how potent that stuff is. I end up spraying less than I do with all my value fragrances I've stocked up on (CK One, Zirh Ikon, L'Occitane Vetiver) so I consider the best value for the money. I'm surprised how many compliments I've gotten on it, too. I received a bottle as a gift (I would never have spent that much money on a fragrance for myself), and bought a second bottle on BST as soon as I got a chance.

For a really cheap quality cologne, Malizia Uomo Vetyver is my #1.

YSL L'Homme...wouldn't normally consider it a bargain, but at under $100 for the big 6.6oz bottle seems like a bargain to me.

Value is subjective and thus to a large degree irrelevant. What matters most is the utility one derives from the fragrance. Buying a good fragrance that is sub-optimal simply because it is "cheap" is a waste of money because it's using dollars that could have gone towards an optimal fragrance in the future.

Search not for fragrances of "value" but ones of true desire. The thrill of the deal that you just scored will be very fleeting.

Grey Flannel is probably the best buy going.

+1. Such an amazing and under appreciated scent. If it were tweaked as a niche frag we'd be paying $100 or more.

Azzaro is a classic, a real masterpiece. Quorum is a powerhouse but try it first. Sometimes you'll find Halston and as a guy who likes Grey Flannel I prefer Halston 1-12 to Z-14. If you're into aquatics you can often find Chrome or Cool Water or Adidas anything. Finally, I've seen gift sets of CK bottles, a little over-played but despite the frequent criticisms of CK, they are popular for a reason.

Picked up Michael Jordan Legend (don't knock it till you try it -- very similar to Rochas Man and Bond No. 9 New Haarlem) for $17 w/ bath gel included at Ross.

I went to B&BW today to try the new "Dark Amber" in their signature line and am wearing some right now. I don't really think it is for me as it is a bit too sweet (but I don't know for sure, I have only had it on about an hour). However, it seems like a really high end fragrance for the price. It reminds me of Paco Black XS without the strawberry syrup stuff mixed in. The Amber base in Dark Amber and Black XS are incredibly similar. The signature line colognes are roughly $30 each, but there is always some sort of sale, coupon, BOGO, or something going on.

SWMBO really, really likes the Dark Amber on me. Once I start working through my 6 bottles of Bigelow it will work into the rotation.

Sweet? Sounds more like a fall/spring scent?

Top Bottom