What's new

Valobra shaving soap puck

I'll wait until a US vendor carries it, too. Gifts & Care has some interesting things, but the $30.00 + shipping from Spain is a killer.

I'll wait until a US vendor carries it, too. Gifts & Care has some interesting things, but the $30.00 + shipping from Spain is a killer.

I just received a delivery from G&C including a custom Vie-Long. It's really a unique service that they provide. Of course I would have waited if i knew they would carry the Valobra pucks (kicking myself)..And yes, the S&H was steep. But on the bright side, it arrived in only 3 days.

I just received a delivery from G&C including a custom Vie-Long. It's really a unique service that they provide. Of course I would have waited if i knew they would carry the Valobra pucks (kicking myself)..And yes, the S&H was steep. But on the bright side, it arrived in only 3 days.

I know they are a quality vendor. Their shipping is a bit too steep for me.

Sorry, what's G&C ?

G&C = http://www.giftsandcare.com

A B&B affiliated vendor from Spain. They are renowned for their wide assortment of Vie-Long brushes that can be ordered with custom lofts. Their prices are generally quite good, and its proprietor, Juan, is very friendly, professional and helpful. The only real downside to G&C is the high shipping charges for orders outside of Europe.

If you order from G&C, DO NOT FORGET THE DISCOUNT CODE. It definitely helps offset the shipping charges. The code can be found in G&C's entries in the Vendor Forum.

Great news - I've seen the pics and they look good.

But has anyone got a puck that they'd care to review, preferably with photos of lather and so on? Thanks in advance!

I'm not paying $30 for 100g of Valobra in a chintzy plastic tub.

It's a nice soap, but it isn't that​ nice.

Don't care what scents it comes in. Especially if it still has that terrible clay undertone to the scents.

This price seems to be very in keeping with what we should have expected. What were you guys thinking the price would be?

A stick of Valobra costs $14 and is only 50g. So, to get to 100g you would have to spend $28 on sticks and wouldn't get any of the nice scents.
Similarly, a puck of Czech and Speake (made by Valobra) goes for $37 for a 90g puck.

Were you buying the Valobra shaving sticks in the past?

I'm not paying $30 for 100g of Valobra in a chintzy plastic tub.

It's a nice soap, but it isn't that​ nice.

Don't care what scents it comes in. Especially if it still has that terrible clay undertone to the scents.

People pay $15 for a 50g Valobra stick that you have to grate that only comes in a cardboard box and a small sheet of foil. I think this is a bit of an overreaction. Especially since AOS tallow refills go for $40-50 and people pay that willingly.

The only time I had purchased Valobra sticks was when I went to Rome a few years ago and grabbed a couple of sticks.

I wasn't aware that the price on the stick was $14. That in itself seems ridiculous. Why would I pay that when I could have Palmolive or La Toja, both better soaps in my opinion, for far less money.

I hadn't been keeping an eye on this thread developing, so I didn't have any price expectations going into it's release. I just simply clicked a link to see what it was and check out the price, scents, packaging, etc.

It would appear that you're correct in stating that it's pricing is indeed inline with the rest of the product line. But, as I said before, there's no way that I would buy a stick of the stuff for $14. Much less 90g for $37.

People pay $15 for a 50g Valobra stick that you have to grate that only comes in a cardboard box and a small sheet of foil. I think this is a bit of an overreaction. Especially since AOS tallow refills go for $40-50 and people pay that willingly.

That's cool. If people think it's worth it to them, than it's all good. I got them for cheap in Rome so I was unaware of what they were costing folks back here in the states.

All I'm saying is that having used Valobra in the past, I'm not paying $30 for that.

I only paid $20.83 for a puck from Shaving.ie when they first became available on this past Tuesday. It should be here by Monday, which isn't too bad. Shipping was $4 for this and two other soaps, so again not bad.

But looking at their site now, the Fougere is sold out and the price has gone up on the other scents already. It now comes to $23.96 per puck (all these prices have been converted from Euros).

That's cool. If people think it's worth it to them, than it's all good. I got them for cheap in Rome so I was unaware of what they were costing folks back here in the states.

All I'm saying is that having used Valobra in the past, I'm not paying $30 for that.

Matt, do you recall how much you paid for a coffee or a Coke when you were in Rome??

Top Bottom