What's new

Valobra - low stock

I've noticed on a few websites that Valobra hard pucks are out of stock or low stock. Thier Fougere and Cologne scents are difficult to find, with only Patchouli being in stock.

I certainly do not want to start panic, just sharing an observation.

Any one have any insight?

Valobra is an excellent soap, one of my favorites. Luckily, I have several pucks of their Patchouli stowed away.
Valobra was recently purchased by Proraso. Hopefully they will pick up production with the same Valobra recipe.

I've noticed on a few websites that Valobra hard pucks are out of stock or low stock. Thier Fougere and Cologne scents are difficult to find, with only Patchouli being in stock.

I certainly do not want to start panic, just sharing an observation.

Any one have any insight?

I've noticed that as well. My guess is that the recent acquisition of Valobra by Proraso's parent company has something to do with the issue. I'm not saying that Valobra tallow is going away, because that would just be unfounded speculation on my part, but I am watching this with interest.
Last I checked, Bullgoose had all the scent!

Last edited:
I've noticed that as well. My guess is that the recent acquisition of Valobra by Proraso's parent company has something to do with the issue. I'm not saying that Valobra tallow is going away, because that would just be unfounded speculation on my part, but I am watching this with interest.
Last I checked, Bullgoose had all the scent!

Good possibility!!

But, I should probably mention that multiple vendors appear to be dumping Czech & Speake shave soap (made by Valobra). Anyone interested in incredible deals need not look further than the Maggard Clearance section!
Naturally, a few months ago I spent full price on these great soaps.

$99 for that dish and soap is way more than the listed $10 off. Look at West Coast Shaving, Bullgoose or the C&S site. Those sell for $150+.

Ok. Either way, it’s a ridiculous mark up. Yeah, Valobra makes an incredible soap. yeah, C&S has a great rep (never tried any), but that price point is ridiculous unless you buy into the exclusivity marketing.

Ok. Either way, it’s a ridiculous mark up. Yeah, Valobra makes an incredible soap. yeah, C&S has a great rep (never tried any), but that price point is ridiculous unless you buy into the exclusivity marketing.
Fair enough. It's certainly not an item that everyone needs, but that bowl is REALLY nice. Bullgoose sells a similar bowl with their own branding for $75 (empty), so some may see the value in Maggard's pricing.

Fair enough. It's certainly not an item that everyone needs, but that bowl is REALLY nice. Bullgoose sells a similar bowl with their own branding for $75 (empty), so some may see the value in Maggard's pricing.
+ 1. While not cheap, I agree most of the pricing is the machined aluminum dish.

It’s anodized aluminum by the look of it. Even if it started as billet, and hand turned on a lathe, I wouldn’t buy it. The price points of C&S pucks have put me off to be honest, and partially that I’m really picky about scents. I didn’t see a point of buying an expensive puck that I potentially couldn’t stand to use, even if it’s flippable here.

Containers? The only one I have is an I Coloniali terra cotta. It’s cool, but I didn’t see the value in others’ that are offered.

To each their own, hopefully we all enjoy the ride.

It’s anodized aluminum by the look of it. Even if it started as billet, and hand turned on a lathe, I wouldn’t buy it. The price points of C&S pucks have put me off to be honest, and partially that I’m really picky about scents. I didn’t see a point of buying an expensive puck that I potentially couldn’t stand to use, even if it’s flippable here.

Containers? The only one I have is an I Coloniali terra cotta. It’s cool, but I didn’t see the value in others’ that are offered.

To each their own, hopefully we all enjoy the ride.
Yeh but it's cool. You should see it on my shelf: )

I dont have the dish as it's a little more than I am comfortable spending on a soap.

It seems pricey, that is until they announce it has been discontinued. Then we will see prices like SIM, and Pens tallow.

I dont have the dish as it's a little more than I am comfortable spending on a soap.

It seems pricey, that is until they announce it has been discontinued. Then we will see prices like SIM, and Pens tallow.
I grabbed one of the $200 travel kits (small dish, small aftershave and tiny silvertip brush) from a different vendor. Would I ever have paid $200 for this kit? Heck no! But for $60, it was a steal. The dish is awesome!

Top Bottom