What's new

Valet VB2...The report...

In acquiring Auto-Strops I've managed to accumulate a fair quantity of NOS Valet blades. I examine each one under a microscope before attempting to use it and about 1 of every 3 or 4 blades still has an acceptable edge, despite the fact that they all look fine to the naked eye.

Even the best ones still require a good stropping before use, so unless you have the strop that originally came with your razor (and it is in usable condition) I wouldn't try to use the NOS blades.

Even a good NOS blade thoroughly stropped will not produce a shave as good as the Feather FHS blade.

--Bob

In acquiring Auto-Strops I've managed to accumulate a fair quantity of NOS Valet blades. I examine each one under a microscope before attempting to use it and about 1 of every 3 or 4 blades still has an acceptable edge, despite the fact that they all look fine to the naked eye.

Even the best ones still require a good stropping before use, so unless you have the strop that originally came with your razor (and it is in usable condition) I wouldn't try to use the NOS blades.

Even a good NOS blade thoroughly stropped will not produce a shave as good as the Feather FHS blade.

--Bob

As always, you are very helpful. Thanks for the info.

Top Bottom