What's new

Valet Auto-Strap VC1

I bid on these hoping one of the three would be a solid purchase. All three are excellent. Also scored some unused original blades but think I will first give it a go with Feather and modified GEM first.
2020_Jul_13_0250_LR.JPG

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Nice purchases. I have a couple of Valet razors but I have not used them They look to be in pretty good condition. Congratulations.

Is it just me or are the Valet razors having a little renasonse on the forum lately? When I picked my first one up 10 years ago the boards hardly mentioned them. Its good to see them and that collection of VC1's is great.

When I've gotten the max shaves out of my one blade feather blades (6) I put the feather into my valet and ring out one or 2 more.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Very nice collection, I like the C1 variant types because they take a Modified Gem SS PTFE that is superior to the Feather blade. Feather FHS 10 blades are good for 1 or 2 shaves and they lose their edge quickly. The Gem blades are good for minimum of 6-10 shaves IMO. Were the Feather FHS 10 blades shine are in the other models that Valet auto strop MFG that had their proprietary blades that they manufactured just for their razors. FHS 10 blade gives a very nice first shave and maybe a second from my experiences with my Oneblade Core- but some fellows get a few more shaves.
Valet Auto-stop C 1, MFG 1920's- .011 original gap clearance to a .007 blade gap (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Last edited:

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Just discovered my version of the VC2 has the wrong pin configuration for the Feather blades 🤦🏻‍♂️
I was watching a show about Valet Auto strop razors and Jeff Smith had a hard time installing the feather FHS-10 blade in his Valet auto strop and it would not seat properly, left it and thought about it and all he did was turn it 180 degrees and Wa La it fit, hope it works for you in your VC2.

I was watching a show about Valet Auto strop razors and Jeff Smith had a hard time installing the feather FHS-10 blade in his Valet auto strop and it would not seat properly, left it and thought about it and all he did was turn it 180 degrees and Wa La it fit, hope it works for you in your VC2.

unfortunately I’ve tried it every which way I can with no luck 😢

Just discovered my version of the VC2 has the wrong pin configuration for the Feather blades 🤦🏻‍♂️

There is supposedly at least one pin configuration that stymies the Feather blade, and it looks like you found one. If flipping the blade over doesn't work you might try to find one of the KAI BEST carbon blades to give it a go. Or, if you don't mind performing a little surgery, you could grind down the offending pin(s) with a dremel.

79A66067-C5F4-40A8-B5D3-185353762D5E.jpeg

Yeah - I did a little dremel surgery last night and it fits and lines up well now

71DA4151-7F98-463C-9E48-1F3E95400253.jpeg

The Feather is behind the Valet blade. The notch is the top of the T but the Feather doesn’t have the full top bar of the T

Top Bottom