What's new

Valentine's Dinner

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Where are you going out to eat? What did you order? Or, what are you making at home?

Tonight it's simple; A homemade marinara sauce, 3 cheese ravioli and grilled shrimp on top. Basil for garnish. Prosecco before, during and after. Girl Scout cookie (thin mint) for dessert and a chick flick to make the wife happy. With all that I'll be out before 8:00PM. :sleep12:

Have fun, be safe and threat your mate good.

Last edited:
Sounds tasty!

I will be fixing bone-in strip steak and a nice salad. Simple but tastes good. The salads will be Romaine lettuce, calamatta (spelling?) olives, cucumber, peppers, and onions with freshly grated parmesan.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Went to a new england restaurant for seafood dinner. Fried haddock and fried scallops, clam chowdah, fries and o rings..we split it..

Have fun, be safe and threat your mate good.
You get arrested for that up here in Canada ...unless it's consensual role playing. :001_tt1:

One of our kids bdays today, so we never get a couple Valentine's night. It's off to a Poutinerie for us for supper as a family, his choice. Should be a fun, relaxing night, ful of greasy dinner loaded poutine for all of us.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
You get arrested for that up here in Canada ...unless it's consensual role playing. :001_tt1:

One of our kids bdays today, so we never get a couple Valentine's night. It's off to a Poutinerie for us for supper as a family, his choice. Should be a fun, relaxing night, ful of greasy dinner loaded poutine for all of us.
Hey Bruce, snap a picture for the Southern folks who have no idea what you're talking about.

Hey Bruce, snap a picture for the Southern folks who have no idea what you're talking about.
It's fries, gravy, cheese curds and whatever other toppings your choice of order comes with.

Best we ever had was in Canmore BC near Banff (see below). It's a Quebec thing I believe but widely available all across Canada. Sort of like your Disco Fries but 20x better. Easy to do at home to, but you HAVE to use cheese curds to make it authentic, not shredded cheese

IMG_20160401_113605.jpg

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
It's fries, gravy, cheese curds and whatever other toppings your choice of order comes with.

Best we ever had was in Canmore BC near Banff (see below). It's a Quebec thing I believe but widely available all across Canada. Sort of like your Disco Fries but 20x better. Easy to do at home to, but you HAVE to use cheese curds to make it authentic, not shredded cheese

View attachment 1063081
Wow! I could kiss you on the forehead three times. Wait...or is that kisses on the cheeks side to side. This is all confusing.

kelbro

Alfred Spatchcock
She wanted Carrabba's. That bread and their lasagna crushed my keto for the week not to mention the bite (or three) of her cheesecake.

She wanted Carrabba's. That bread and their lasagna crushed my keto for the week not to mention the bite (or three) of her cheesecake.
My wife is more strict about Keto than I am, but I think both of us would have difficulty with Carrabba's, though it would be tempting.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I'm now officially and proud to be an illegal alien to Canada. I know I'll be deported without catch and realise. You Canadiains are hard on sharing poutine.
I spent 3 week in Montreal in February 2002- the best part of it was the poutine (oh, and seeing the Canadiens play in the Mecca of Hockey)

We went to a local upscale Turkish place. The wife had a Quinoa salad that had some yogurt as a base as an appetizer and Sea Bass for her entree. I had roasted octopus as my appetizer and wild salmon as my entree. We shared a dessert that was basically whipped yogurt mixed with strawberries between two meringue cookies sitting in a bit of raspberry coulis. Had not eaten there before but it was pretty good. Not worth the price however. But it was nice to have my wife to myself without our son around.

Intrigued

Bigfoot & Bagel aficionado.
Reverse Seared Ribeye Steak & Mashed Potatoes...
Roast Beef Gravy with Mushrooms, Caramelized Onions & Shallots...
Chopped Salad with Marinated Lentils & Cucumber Vinaigrette

His...

IMG_0107.jpeg

Hers...

IMG_0106.jpeg

Strawberry/Lemon & Blackberry/Keylime Muffins with Raspberries & a Chocolate/Cream Pie Cake Bite

Ours...
IMG_0104.jpeg

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
I worked 8a-midnight yesterday and 8-4 today and my wife worked 8-4 today and because quite a few of the rookies got sick today wifey was forced to work another 8 hour shift.
We will celebrate another day when we are both off. Just like we do all the other important holidays and anniversaries and birthdays.
Comes with the profession we have chosen.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
A couple of prime NY strips, a fantastic Tempranillo, and an overripe (and glorious) Camembert.

View attachment 1063170View attachment 1063171
C: Camembert, perhaps?

O: Ah! We have Camembert, yessir.

C: (suprised) You do! Excellent.

O: Yessir. It's ah... it's a bit runny.

C: Oh, I like it runny.

O: Well,.. It's very runny, actually, sir.

C: No matter. Fetch hither the fromage de la Belle France! Mmmwah!

O: I...think it's a bit runnier than you'll like it, sir.

C: I don’t care how excrementally runny it is, hand it over with full speed.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I worked 8a-midnight yesterday and 8-4 today and my wife worked 8-4 today and because quite a few of the rookies got sick today wifey was forced to work another 8 hour shift.
We will celebrate another day when we are both off. Just like we do all the other important holidays and anniversaries and birthdays.
Let me guess- she’s a nurse, right?

Intrigued

Bigfoot & Bagel aficionado.

Thank you both for your service!

proxy.php

Top Bottom