What's new

uusual scale materials...

im looking for unusual materials to make scales out of for a straight, its a wedge with a pointed tip and a fairly chunky tail, what would you guys suggest?

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Printed Circuit Board
Hard Leather
Decorative Stone like marble or granite
stone with a Fossil visible

Printed Circuit Board
Hard Leather
Decorative Stone like marble or granite
stone with a Fossil visible

i do like the printed circuit look, however its not a look im going for with this razor, i shall definately look into the other 3 though, specifically hard leather. thanks for the input:biggrin:

hard leather would be cool as hell. granite seems like it might be too brittle at the appropriate weight. carbon fiber would make good scales (though I don't like the look). glass would be neat (and fragile).

but seriously, leather would be so cool

Check out dick.biz. They have a nice assortment of exotic materials that can be used to make scales. Me? I'd like some scales made from Reindeer horn.

some nice ideas. im still not sure if i should use a piece of wood that was half torn out of a near by tree by lightning after a storm, i need to get it from the shed and see what wood it actually is, it was a while ago that i got it, i took a few photos of the tree so it could make an interesting conversation piece.

Try beef jerky. Joking of course. In my dreams I have though about using jello just because it is soooooo clear like acrylic. Currently I am using some umbrella material that looks like snake skin. I tried it on a scrap piece of Spanish Cedar but the wood is too dark. I am going to try it on some maple or birch this weekend.

Top Bottom