What's new

Usps fail.

Well I placed a order with a merchant that I have ordered from many times in the past. The order total nearly 300 USD, which is a lot of money to me.
I track my order and it says delivered in Scottsdale AZ. I live in MD. :cursing: So I immediately contact USPS to see what is going on. They tell me to check with the shipper to see if they had the package insured.

So I contact the merchant, they say they will check into it. The local Post office in their area say their system shows it delivered in MD. So I go back to my local post office and they tell me no it says it was delivered in Scottsdale AZ. So I contact the merchant again, they say they will look into the matter further.

Later that day my local post office contacts me via telephone and says, sorry we made a mistake at it looks like the package was delivered here in MD.
My response " okay so where is it". Their response " It should be in your posession". Me again "well it's not". They go on to tell me to ask my neighbors and other members of my household to see if anyone has the package. Nobody saw a package for me.

I have since contacted the merchant 3 more times with no response from them. Like I said I have ordered from them well over a dozen times with no problems. I'm not sure if they are not getting the messages or are trying to figure it out with USPS or what.
But the bottom line is I'm out nearly 300 USD and have nothing to show for it. :a32:
Here is the tracking # so you all can see for yourself it says delivered in Scottsdale AZ. 9405509699937530118755

Sorry for the rant, but I had to get it off my chest.

I'm interested to see if anyone else has had a similar experience with USPS and if it all worked out well for them. Or can I expect to be out my money and the items I paid for.

I have not, at least not yet. Three possibilities I can think of: (1) It really is in AZ, or somewhere not your town; (2) your address is south or north something and the package went to the same street number on the opposite end; (3) it was stolen.

I live in Scottsdale. If you have more detailed information and some trust in a fellow B&B member I'd be happy to try and help you on this end.

Ha!!! Funny you should bring this up. I bought a razor from a fellow member a couple weeks ago. He packed it great and had it tracked and it said it would be delivered me on that Friday. Long story short, I check the tracking and it was in my city on Friday. Great! I will get it today. Go home...no razor. Check the site again....it went to North Carolina. ????????? I called the USPS and opened up a case which was a nightmare in and of itself. Long story short....I got my razor about a week later than it should have been. I should gotten a call from the USPS investigator the day before I got but instead, I got a call the day after I got it. I assume they thought I would be happy now that I got it and I wouldn't be mad at them. They never could tell me what happened.

Hopefully your saga ends happily soon.

I've seen this sort of thing happen with reused tracking numbers. It's also rather odd that it shows the shipping info was received and delivered on the same day. And this happened long enough ago that it should have been resolved if it was just an "error". Something is very wrong according to the tracking number, so either the shipper and/or the USPS need to make it right.

I've had razors that were misaddressed (right address but wrong zip code) take a trip around the US but they did get to me (eventually). A little torn up after spending several weeks in the USPS system but they got here.

Hope it works out for you. I can just imagine the morale with the sequester and USPS cutting Saturday delivery. How do you think that relates to your package...not well I bet.

Did you pay with a credit card? If you did, maybe get the CC company involved.

I've seen this sort of thing happen with reused tracking numbers. It's also rather odd that it shows the shipping info was received and delivered on the same day. And this happened long enough ago that it should have been resolved if it was just an "error". Something is very wrong according to the tracking number, so either the shipper and/or the USPS need to make it right.

Good point. I have experienced used tacking numbers. Had forgot. This very well could be the explanation. I hope so.

I learned the hard way ALWAYS INSURE anything of value that you ship USPS. I sent an expensive cooking pan to my ebay buyer and didn't bother to insure it (used worth about $200). Well, it got lost in the postal system. Not a little razor box mind you, but about 18" X 30" (skillet). The USPS takes absolutely no responsibility for your stuff while it's in their possession. If it's not insured, you are out of luck. I may as well have thrown it in the dumpster. BTW, they will not even refund the shipping if your package is lost. EVERYTHING gets insured now.

Ronnie

Hmmm, maybe this is a reason the USPS is going bankrupt. The last time I went to the post office to send off a package, the postal worker was so rude and displeasing, that I will go out of my way to go to a standalone package shipper from now on. Sorry about your luck...300 bucks is allot of money to me too, and I can feel your pain. I hope it all works out in the end.

I've had several similar issues with USPS - delivery showed as delivered in a nearby city, delivery showed delvered in another state and one package from Florida to me here in Georgia that toured the Northeast befors finally coming back south. I did eventually get all of these.

This wasn't USPS, but UPS. I'm just sharing this to give you a little hope. About two weeks ago I ordered around $300 of backpacking equipment from REI. I tracked my package on the UPS website and saw that it was "delivered" to my house on Friday of that week. I rushed home from work later that day pretty excited to open my new stuff. I got home and no package was there. I called UPS first off and they told me I had to call the shipper. REI has incredible customer service, so they were going to send me a new package the next week if they couldn't figure out with UPS what happened. The UPS driver told REI he left the package on my front doorstep. Well, two days later (on Sunday) I come home at night and the package is sitting in front of my door. It had been opened and closed with plastic tape. I opened it and everything was inside. So, I assume it just got dropped at the wrong house and some honest person realized after opening the box that it didn't belong to them. So, that person returned it to me. Clearly the problem was with UPS not delivering it to the correct address. But, they won't admit that and the USPS probably wont admit they messed up. But I share my story to at least give you some hope that it'll turn up. Good luck.

This wasn't USPS, but UPS. I'm just sharing this to give you a little hope. About two weeks ago I ordered around $300 of backpacking equipment from REI. I tracked my package on the UPS website and saw that it was "delivered" to my house on Friday of that week. I rushed home from work later that day pretty excited to open my new stuff. I got home and no package was there. I called UPS first off and they told me I had to call the shipper. REI has incredible customer service, so they were going to send me a new package the next week if they couldn't figure out with UPS what happened. The UPS driver told REI he left the package on my front doorstep. Well, two days later (on Sunday) I come home at night and the package is sitting in front of my door. It had been opened and closed with plastic tape. I opened it and everything was inside. So, I assume it just got dropped at the wrong house and some honest person realized after opening the box that it didn't belong to them. So, that person returned it to me. Clearly the problem was with UPS not delivering it to the correct address. But, they won't admit that and the USPS probably wont admit they messed up. But I share my story to at least give you some hope that it'll turn up. Good luck.

I've had my share of UPS goof ups. Back in the olden days I had a large order of chemicals coming from a supplier in Florida. In the shipment was a 4 gallon case of Lindane insecticide concentrate (now banned but one of the few toxins that would get to pine bark borers) http://articles.latimes.com/2006/aug/02/nation/na-lindane2 It was supposed to arrive on my wife's birthday and we were also going to a neighborhood party across the street. As we crossed the street down comes the UPS truck and does not stop. I called UPS immediately and informed them that there were some dangerous chemicals floating around somewhere. It all got hushed up and the supply house sent some more along to me later.

I have no idea where they dropped all of that toxic poison but I sure hope it was to someone who knew what it was and how dangerous it was. They had all of the Federal required poison markings on the case and it had to be signed for at every step of the transit process so it was not like it was just a box of rocks. The final was signed by the driver and marked "left on the porch" even though it required an adult signature to be released from UPS control.

Two episodes in the last week. (1) Ordered razor blades from ebay.Tracking # says item out for delivery that day. No delivery that day, usps said they left a note at door since no one was home, I was home, they either lied to me or went to the wrong address.I call usps and tell them not to re-deliver the next day because I know same thing will happen again(wrong house).I tell them I will go down to post office and pick it up the next day. Get to post office when it opened, ask for my package and person behind the counter says I have to wait 15 minutes because my package was being sent out on the truck!! The same package that was to be there waiting for me !! Finally, her boss tracked it down and I got it. Episode (2) Sent software package back to company, I track package, it got to the right state, but was sorted to the wrong town! Added 2 days to get it right by the post office, and finally got my credit card credited. No wonder that s**t h**e is going bankrupt!

hopefully you will get it .. i had a razor coming from NY , i tracked and saw it was in Cleveland (im south of Cleve) , i figured cool it will be here today or tomorrow .. long story short after it didnt come i looked again and it went to MI ????? 2 days later it was in my mail box ....

i used to sell duck/goose calls ... i always sent tracking and had them insured ... the ONE time i didnt cause it was a guy i dealt with all the time less then 45 min from me ) package took 5 weeks to get there ... i was SICK to my stomach ...

sometimes things get left in bins , left on trucks ect , then found and redelivered ... again good luck and keep us posted ..

If you paid by credit card, your credit card carrier may back you if the merchant doesn't. If the merchant just says it's your problem, you simply contact the credit card carrier and file a dispute. I've done it and I've had good responses....again, assuming you paid with CC. Good luck.

What really burns me about the whole ordeal is the fact that USPS claims their system shows it delivered here in MD on 3/4/13 at 2PM. When I asked for a print out showing that info, they refused to give it to me and said " this investigation is over, the package was delivered on the 4th". Hopefully the merchant had the package insured. I have still yet to hear back from them. I'm sure they are in no hurry to send out a new package or refund my money to me. But something needs to happen. If I shipped a package worth $300 I would have it insured. Just in case of a situation like this one.

Top Bottom