What's new

Using Shave Soap as Body Soap?

I have tried the Ciderhouse-5 and Black Tea scents from Petal Pusher Fancies. The performance and scent of these pucks is really outstanding. However, my face does not like the amount of fragrance/essential oils in them. I get irritation everytime I try to shave with these soaps, causing me to stop using them. My face is more sensitive than the rest of my body, so I was wondering if any of you had used a dud shaving soap as a body soap in the shower.

I am absolutely not going to turn these fine pucks into countertop ornaments. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
I have heard of this, and tried it with Arko. I suspect that if you like the scent, it's worth a try. B/S/T or a PIF would also be fine ideas.

I've never tried to finish a bar of soap off as fast as that Arko! :001_tongu

You can certainly use it. It's soap.

You should know, however, that shaving soaps aren't completely interchangeable with bath soaps, as shaving soaps are designed to produce creamy, stable lather and bath soaps are designed to cleanse the skin.

The differences, however, are minimal enough that you can use shaving soap in the shower without any difficulty.

I've done it before with some inexpensive soaps that weren't worth the shipping costs to PIF.
Shave soap seems to be better quality than the average shower soap.
Made for some nice morning showers.

I've noticed the same thing with soaps that bum out my face. They seem ok on my arms. Of course, if I don't like it on my face, I can figure there are other parts of me that need to be washed that won't like it either

I ran out of bar soap and used a van der hagen puck i have had for about a year now it kind of degenerated and turned to mush it was really strange. I had a soap a while back that was for the body hair and shaving it was some shea butter bar you could actually use it to shave it was very nice i cant get my hands on it now though.

I've been trying to get rid of a puck of C&E West Indian Lime in the shower. It doesn't lather well for a shave, it dries my skin out in the shower, and it's the sort of thing I'd never want to BST onto an unsuspecting member. What good is this stuff!?
besides smelling nice

I've been trying to get rid of a puck of C&E West Indian Lime in the shower. It doesn't lather well for a shave, it dries my skin out in the shower, and it's the sort of thing I'd never want to BST onto an unsuspecting member. What good is this stuff!?
besides smelling nice

It would be good for someone who needs a bit of drying.

I've got a Crabtree & Evelyn sandalwood puck I don't use, just don't like it. Great idea to use it as a shower soap!

I've had a few duds (Cirmes come to mind, as does Scodioli and Col. Conk). They usually get banished to the shower for special duty as pre-shave soaps. Most of them do fine at that, although my steel-wire stubble makes short work of them (Cirmes lasted exactly 4 shaves when used like this). The only one I have ever actually thrown away was Arko (that was before I joined and discovered the BST and PIFing).

Top Bottom