What's new

Using Rain-X to improve the slickness of porcelain?

Hmm. Get an empty spray bottle. Add a little water, a few drop of shampoo, and more water. Shake. You now have a great spray for cleaning windows and glass.

However, try spraying the inside of your toilet bowl with this just prior to sitting down. Might just provide a slickness that could keep things from adhering.

<Have tried Scrubbing Bubbles daily shower spray and nope, still stuck like velcro.>

Thanks for feed back. Weird.

I misremembered what I had used on the mold that develops in our toilet between full cleanings. The daily shower spray seems to do nothing for that actually. What does work is a one-third Clorox/2/3 water in a spray bottle I also use in our shower for a black colored mold that seems to accumulate in various spots that the daily shower cleaner does not seem to help with. I do not expect the Clorox mix is going to help with making the sides of the toilet more slippery. It might make things sort of bubble up and slide off though. I think it more out and out kills mold.

Sorry not to be of more help. Good thread.

Since I know you've all been waiting, an update on my toilet.

As mentioned I had ordered the Sonax coating, before it arrived I tried Rain-X and it did make a difference. Egesta definitely was not as inclined to adhere to the bowl however it would only last for 5 or so uses before needing to be reapplied.

The Sonax coating had a similar result and given its cost a disappointingly short window of it being effecting.

Hoping for a Goldilocks result I'm trying a third, and very different, option....a flexible smart phone screen protector. Ordered a three pack from Amazon this morning that says its oleophobic and hydrophobic. Will see how this works.

Top Bottom