What's new

Using both an electric razor and cartridge razor

Hey my mom just bought me an electric razor since I have Asperger’s and have issues with rough stimuli I hate the feeling of hair. I was wondering if the shave isn’t close enough especially on my neck can I follow up with a cartridge razor?

You certainly could. Be careful not to over do it, or it could irritate. I will say that if closeness is the most important factor, the closest shaves I've ever experienced (almost in the negative, with hairs seemingly below the follicle root) was when I used a foil head electric for wet shaving with cream. It used to take a bit of time, but probably no more than a slow casual Saturday morning three pass shave with a single or double edge razor.

Hey my mom just bought me an electric razor since I have Asperger’s and have issues with rough stimuli I hate the feeling of hair. I was wondering if the shave isn’t close enough especially on my neck can I follow up with a cartridge razor?
I did this for years, especially in my neck area. It does increase the irritation, so tread as lightly as you can with both. More passes = more irritation.

You might want to shave only your neck with the cartridge and everything else with the electric. Perhaps you have or could get a wet/dry electric. Lather up your whole face and shave each area with the appropriate tool.

Sure!

For me, the answer is ’traditional’ wet shaving. But whatever works for you is just fine!

I did this for years, especially in my neck area. It does increase the irritation, so tread as lightly as you can with both. More passes = more irritation.

You might want to shave only your neck with the cartridge and everything else with the electric. Perhaps you have or could get a wet/dry electric. Lather up your whole face and shave each area with the appropriate tool.
I only need one pass on each direction with my face and neck.
Sure!

For me, the answer is ’traditional’ wet shaving. But whatever works for you is just fine!
I tried it but i don’t have the patience and my hands are kind of shaky it’s just not the best for a kid with severe ADHD. The electric should be great because I can use it every other day and the cartridge should have less to do because it’s very little hair. My thoughts were 1 pass ATG with Electric and 1 pass ATG Cartridge. I just can’t wait till I finish electrolosis which my doctor recommended I’m doing my cheeks and neck and probably my chin too but it’s going to take a while l.

I was wondering if the shave isn’t close enough especially on my neck can I follow up with a cartridge razor?

Welcome 🙂

When I used an electric razor I found it absolutely necessary to touch up with a cartridge. The electric razor never gave me a close enough shave.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Welcome to B&B - there are people who can get a shave with an electric, see what works for you

I only need one pass on each direction with my face and neck.

I tried it but i don’t have the patience and my hands are kind of shaky it’s just not the best for a kid with severe ADHD. The electric should be great because I can use it every other day and the cartridge should have less to do because it’s very little hair. My thoughts were 1 pass ATG with Electric and 1 pass ATG Cartridge. I just can’t wait till I finish electrolosis which my doctor recommended I’m doing my cheeks and neck and probably my chin too but it’s going to take a while l.
I don’t have thick hair(except chin and neck) just sensitive skin

Welcome!

I rotate between an electric and a DE razor, but not like every few days. I'll pick one or the other for a couple of months at a time. I've been using an electric Remington foil shaver for the last 3 weeks or so again, and in my opinion, it's true that your skin needs time to adapt for whatever method you choose. The more I use the electric, the closer the shave becomes. I also did touch up passes with the DE razor in the beginning, but there's no need to do it now. Stick with it and maybe you'll also notice that the need to use the cart will diminish.

I'm a huge fan of William's 'Lectric Shave pre-shave. I like the scent and the razor just works a lot easier and smoother during the shave. Give that a try at some point.

Good luck!

I've used DE, shavettes and Straight razors, but the closest smoothest and most efficient shave I get is from a WilkinsonSword/Schick Protector 3. I wet shave everyday sometimes I use an electric perhaps once a week when I do my nose and ear hair facial.

Electric razors have their use especially if you take blood thinners for high blood pressure etc...and don't want to bleed to death.

This guy on Youtube shaves his clients with both a shavette and an electric razor, take a look:

Top Bottom