What's new

Using aftershave without shaving

Starting today, i’m putting the razor down for a week or two. I have a few pimples and razor bumps on my cheeks and I want them to heal completely before running a blade through my face again.

It’ll be another few days before i have enough facial hair growth to shape my stubble, but i’m still considering using aftershave since the thought of going a day without applying is scary. Mostly for the fragrance Ofcourse. Yes i could use colognes but i can’t cheat on my aftershaves [emoji3]. Maybe i’ll slap a little on my wrists.

Am i nuts here or have any of you used aftershave even when you don’t shave?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Starting today, i’m putting the razor down for a week or two. I have a few pimples and razor bumps on my cheeks and I want them to heal completely before running a blade through my face again.

It’ll be another few days before i have enough facial hair growth to shape my stubble, but i’m still considering using aftershave since the thought of going a day without applying is scary. Mostly for the fragrance Ofcourse. Yes i could use colognes but i can’t cheat on my aftershaves [emoji3]. Maybe i’ll slap a little on my wrists.

If I have not shaved, I won't use an aftershave but instead will use a cologne or eu de toilette. But when I use aftershave, I won't also use cologne or eu de toilette. I use one or the other. However, if I shave in the morning, but am going out in the evening, by then the aftershave is usually long gone so I'll use cologne or eu de toilette then. You aren't nuts. But many people have said I'm cuckoo for cocoa puffs.

Hi. Nothing wrong with splashing some aftershave on even when you haven't shaved. I did an Old Spice themed shave video and I used a vintage Old Spice commerical as the intro. In that the man applies it without shaving. Now he could have already shaved or maybe he wanted to just splash some on. The point is there is no rules and if you want to splash some on then go for it. Enjoy.

Sent from my CPH1969 using Tapatalk

Need to be scent free or lightly scented at work but shave in the morning. Shower again when I get home and use a little after shave just for the fragrance at night.

I do not use alcohol-based splashes immediately after shaving - my freshly shaved skin is too sensitive.
However, I regularly use such splashes as 'face refreshers' in periods between shaves.

I think its OK as long as it isn't irritating your skin. It might help reduce oil.

Ages ago I had acne (not the whitehead kind, more the cystic kind) and also frequent razor bumps (I shaved mostly with a Sensor- razor bumps eventually lead me to using electrics primarily- I had one of those shavers designed for African-American men). Things changed for me once I discovered salicylic acid and tea tree oil. I was using Retin-A throughout my teens and part of my 20's and that stuff was really bad at turning my skin dry- I was becoming a Eucerin addict at a tender young age. But salicylic acid actually calms skin. It's also good for razor bumps. I have an old, big bottle from CVS that I still have around that I use once in a while when I feel like my face needs some toning.

I have, to freshen up mid-day. But I don't apply to my face. I rub the aftershave on my chest and neck. My thought is to smell good for the remainder of the day. Most cologne seems too stout to apply mid-day. Now if I shave twice a day, I apply aftershave to my face both times.

Totally up to you! Nothing wrong with AS anytime the mood strikes you. However, if you want a longer-lasting scent then EdC is likely a better bet.

I do this once in a while and ironically will probably do so today. It is aftershave, who determines how long after your shave you have to put it on.

I have an EDC that I sometimes use. Oddly enough my RazoRock splashes last longer, some aftershaves are great as a cologne.

I have an EDC that I sometimes use. Oddly enough my RazoRock splashes last longer, some aftershaves are great as a cologne.

Alot of the lower-end fragrances (Pinaud, Jovan... even Aqua Velva) are marketed that way. Which makes sense as many men don't like bothering with having both aftershave and cologne.

Splash away man! I love the scent of Fine American Blend and will splash some on sometimes just to smell delicious for a while

The only risk I see is that your skin could become sensitized to the ingredients if you use it too often. But if you are giving your skin a rest from shaving, using it sparingly probably won't cause harm.

I do! I usually only shave every-other day, but AS is just part of my morning routine. Gotta smell nice for the office!

When I have a bbs shave, I don’t have to shave for a couple of days. On those days I don’t shave, I use a/s, not just for the scent, but to make my face feel good.
It’s perfect for that situation.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur

Absolutely! Often use AS before bed. The Schnauzers love it.

Top Bottom